SOLVED: Mystery hidden button in floor/armrest center console (2019 SE)

Hi everyone... anyone know what this button does? It's in a Canadian 2019 Ford Edge SE, just to the left of the DC plug and below the coin tray. It fits the emergency key perfectly, and if you stick it in, there's definitely the tactile click of a momentary push button. This is not the emergency RFID key fob cubby...! 598534785_ScreenShot2020-05-17at8_47_40PM.png.43c8e4c5e648a213eefbced849b4aac2.png

Edited by canuckcam
solved!

I have a "Canadian" 2019 Titanium and I've never seen any switch there. I look at your picture and don't see a switch either. :headscratch: ... So I went outside, got in my Edge, emptied the console and looked all the way to the bottom with as flashlight and still no switch. The only thing I see is the key fob cubby. :shrug:

Claude.

P.S:  ... unless you're talking about the little vertical slot in the plastic?... (mine also has it)

Edited by 2FAST4U

1 minute ago, SeanFromSpain said:

On a side note - I always wondered about that Key Fob cubby. I assumed it was for if you leave the key in your car and use the numpad on the door frame, that was the safe spot to keep it.

Is it for something else?

It is for when the fob's battery is dead and the vehicle is not able to get a signal. You put the fob there and it will pickup the fob's signal in order to start the engine. Even if the fob's battery was removed you can still start the engine if the fob is placed there.