2015 titanium power lift gate release latch?

2011edgese

Hi guys, does anyone know what the back I'm doing wrong? That's my trunk opening for the emergency release latch. It's just a hole, I just don't know which way to push,pull,twist to get it to unlock. I found that diagram that went with that picture that looks exactly like my truck. Just a hex, and a hole on the left. Is that diagram correct? Anyone released this type ? Also, where so  start prying to remove the whole plastic cover to replace the latch of I need too? Any advice is AWRSOME.  Tired of no trunk. :(

EF9C33DE-B72A-4742-BBC5-918722510859.jpeg.jpg

e0423fe0-24ab-4537-999c-dbbe03f69244_imagen2.jpg

Hmmmm.. gave it a very good loom again and it seems I'm on the right path. That little circle is indeed a button. I managed to press on it and it pushes in like a button. But all it does is push in, I'm not sure if you are suppose to push in real hard or push in and lift? All it does is push in. There's definitely a sprint in the button. Any clues?

From what i get there are 2 ways. 1 with the button, this will only work if the motor is still functioning and it's the outside button that died. The other way is shown below that incase the motor quits responding. You should now be trying the all vehicles way. You did check to make sure your hatch isn't dissabled in you dash menu? some have had luck just turning that setting off and on again.

4 minutes ago, Perblue said:

From what i get there are 2 ways. 1 with the button, this will only work if the motor is still functioning and it's the outside button that died. The other way is shown below that incase the motor quits responding. You should now be trying the all vehicles way. You did check to make sure your hatch isn't dissabled in you dash menu? some have had luck just turning that setting off and on again.

Thxs dude. I'm lost on this. Yeah. Pressing the button does nothing. And my 2015 does not have the option to disable and enable on the menu, I was aware of that method but nothing in the menu. I tried the push the open button for 5 seconds aswell on the inside and outside of the car. The only thing last is check the fuse some have said could work. I have to look for it. Also.. I heard unpluging the battery for a few minutes.... another option to try. But in your opinion, if the button on the latch does ZERO, mean it's a dead latch? Does that mean I have to open the panel and unholy the whole thing? I would think there would be a way to release it in case of emergency. Any other tips are welcomed. :)

1 hour ago, 2011edgese said:

What's the all vehicle way? Is that the check the menu? 

In the pdf you posted, it has for power lift gate but right below that it has for all vehicles, this will include even if you have the power lift gate, to release the manual release, steps 5 and 6. They want you to insert a certain size screw driver in a certain way and slide it to the left to catch the manual release lever, it has nothing to do with the button you keep trying to press. I'd post the instructions but best you go read them and look at the picks for it.

5 hours ago, 1004ron said:

What about @Perblue 's post?

The power liftgate latch doesn't have the level that unlocks like the pdf shows. That's for manual. The power one just has a button. I'm suspecting maybe a fuse.... I located the fuse number to 76 30A power liftgate module. But it's under the fuse box apparently.  I took the box off but don't see tabs to separate the button to see the bottom fuse where the 76 30A is.  So maybe anyone can share how they separated it?

• 3 weeks later...

OK. Maybe someone can explain this odd event.

Yesterday while driving normally in a city street, my RADIO shut off completely. It went all black like power shut off. Car was 100% fine. Just the radio turned completely off. Kept driving it to my destination. Figured the car is breaking down electronically since the trunk is dead. Got out the car... locked it. Didn't even want to deal with it. A hour later got back to the car and started it. The Radio came back and it was fine. And guess what? The electric trunk now works. Wtf? :/