2018 Edge 3.5L V6 - What specifically is the "towing package"?

I have a 2018 Edge 3.5L V6 Titanium.  It did not come with a trailer tow package.  I've added a Curt class II hitch (4000 lb tow, 600 lb tongue rating), and often tow a very light kayak trailer.

We're looking at pop-up RV trailers.  Does anyone know specifically what Ford installs with the "trailer tow" option?  From what I've found, it seems to only be the hitch itself, wiring, and a "sway control" of some kind.

Is there anything else?  My hitch and probably wiring should be ok, and I believe I can live without a sway control, but am wondering if others are doing this.  Is anyone towing a 2000-2500 lb trailer without the "trailer tow" package?

Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, 10MeV said:

Does anyone know specifically what Ford installs with the "trailer tow" option?

Receiver, 4-pin wiring harness, sway control, heavy duty cooling system (note the fans are different and use a pair of fuses instead of a single fuse), higher output alternator.  With all that you're still limited to maximum 3500 pounds.  With your current setup you're limited to 1500 pounds. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick replies!  Much appreciated.

Looking at the links provided, it seems like the 3.5L V6 will allow a 2000 lb trailer without the towing package.    That still doesn't really let us pull much of a pop-up trailer at all.  It looks like we could get a utility trailer and haul a pile of camping gear, but not any real sort of RV.  Sigh...