Uniroyal Tiger Paw?

wwiiavfan

Looks like a solid review overall... did I miss something? I see that "all-season" performance vs direct competition isn't as good, but it can't be worse than the Verde tires it comes with. I mean 85% overall I think is good considering these tires are half the price of anything (worthwhile) available.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have these exact tires on my '15 Edge Sport AWD, but in a 245 width instead of 265, on my oem 20" wheels.  Ride is great, wet weather traction is good, no complaints.

Except one.  On an LMS 93 aggressive tune, I can break the rears loose a little basically on demand in perfectly dry weather.  On the E30 aggressive tune I have now, traction is 100% a problem especially from a dig I have to launch at 35-50% throttle, hold it until roughly 10-20mph, then floor it.  Anything else is just wheel hop and all four wheels burning.

The 265 might be a little better, but if you're aggressively tuning the edge and looking for traction, avoid these.  That is literally the ONLY complaint though, amazing ride quality, no road noise, wear is exceptionally well.  Great tire.  

@CrackedDSM There is one member on here running 295/35/21. I can't remember who it is but I believe that individual has upgraded turbos and they seemed to love the traction offered, but IIRC he is running summer tires, not all-seasons. I do get a little slip with my E50-tuned-but-otherwise-stock 2015 AWD running 265/40/21 tires. I am riding on the heavy ass OEM wheels as well, if I had some light weight wheels, I am certain traction would be an issue.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dolsen said:

@CrackedDSM There is one member on here running 295/35/21. I can't remember who it is but I believe that individual has upgraded turbos and they seemed to love the traction offered, but IIRC he is running summer tires, not all-seasons. I do get a little slip with my E50-tuned-but-otherwise-stock 2015 AWD running 265/40/21 tires. I am riding on the heavy ass OEM wheels as well, if I had some light weight wheels, I am certain traction would be an issue.

I should mention there’s an issue with my edge (U0415 abs control module communication error) that has completely disabled traction control and stability control(among others) so there are zero nannies preventing wheel spin.  So my traction issues may not be something most have to deal with.

and I could definitely go aftermarket lighter wheels with a 305 width but at that point I’d worry about grenading the PTU, axles, diffs or all of the above. Lol. 

Edited by CrackedDSM