Oil filter K&N PS-7037 vs HP-7037 vs Motorcraft FL-2062

1004ron

15 hours ago, 1004ron said:

You seem me to be meticulous with your maintenance. If you were going to change the oil under/ less than the suggested intervals than I'd say go with the regular filter.  If you're going to go with regular intervals then I'd suggest the the performance filter. 

Another thing to factor in is the type of commute. Is it all highway? Is it a mix? Is it stop and go?

All that to say, I would go with the performance filter for a daily commuter. More pleats, better filtration, etc

• Like 2

Help me understand why a performance filter is better with 7500 mile or less intervals.  Filter performance is the same until it goes into bypass, right?  If it’s good at 3500 miles it’s still good at 7500 and I don’t see how it would go into bypass u less the engine was coming apart.

• Like 1

Comparison of three filters.

I bought the K&N HP-7037, just out of curiosity and make a comparison, Amazon's price was just below the Motorcraft FL2062

I see no difference between the PS-7037 and the HP-7037 other than the O-ring material.

The PS-7037, HP-7037 and the FL-2062 all have 39 pleats of filter medium that appear to be of the same density.

I am confident using any of these three filters.

Current prices on Amazon:

K&N HP-7037 $12.32

K&N PS-7037 $14.21 (seen this one as low as $8.99)

Motorcraft FL-2062 $8.99

IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5795.JPG

• Like 1

• 1004ron changed the title to Oil filter K&N PS-7037 vs HP-7037 vs Motorcraft FL-2062

Although the law allows the use of filters that meet or exceed the vehicle manufacturers specification, its safer to stick with the OEM filter while under warranty to avoid the added complication of proving that a third party filter does meet the requirements in the unfortunate event of an engine problem.