Honk when Starting

Drewpydog

I always hesitate to start a new topic since I'm sure it has been covered somewhere but I haven't found any coverage after searching.  My 2017 Edge Sport gives one single honk every single time it is started - I'm about ready to unplug the horn.  Anyone have any experience with this one?  All the doors are closed, key is in the driver's seat, foot is on the brake, its in park - button press gets a honk and a normal startup....

Just purchased this thing last Sunday - haven't had time to open the hood (I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even look before I bought it).  I'll try to re-latch the hood.  To answer the first question, It doesn't have an aftermarket alarm - it is an unmodified factory-optioned Sport.  I'll let you know what I find so we all can advise the next poor guy who has this problem.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think I remember something like that happening when the hood was open (or the latch was faulty).

If the hood is open (or latch is faulty) an indicator in the instrument cluster will show that hood is open. But, even with the hood open it still will not honk. At least that's how it is on my 2016 Sport.

I wondered if there would be an indication if the hood wasn't latched or the switch failed - either way, it doesn't appear to have fixed my problem.  I'm not really excited to have a problem nobody else has encountered since it thins out the ideas ?  I'll be unplugging the horn for now... hopefully that won't set a code of some kind.

I’m told it honks twice now - possible for it to be a key battery going dead?

so I guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.  After further personal investigation, the remote start works if you know how to use it and it honks once on start up as originally described.   So I’m basically back to square one with absolutely no idea where to go from here. 

Edited by Drewpydog

• 4 weeks later...