2013 edge not starting

Tad0216

It’s not the battery or starter. When I go to turn the car on nothing happens. There’s a click that happens in the fuse box by the engine. I even tried bumping the starter it engages but the truck still will not start. Also when I turn the key a systems start fault screen appears on the dash 

13 hours ago, Tad0216 said:

It’s not the battery or starter. When I go to turn the car on nothing happens. There’s a click that happens in the fuse box by the engine. I even tried bumping the starter it engages but the truck still will not start. Also when I turn the key a systems start fault screen appears on the dash 

1 hour ago, enigma-2 said:

If you have two FOBs, try switching to the other key. Its possible the FOB is at fault.

What the OP has written isn't very clear to me, but the comment that the starter engages could suggest that the FOB is good?? 

Don't know if it cranks and doesn't fire or what the real status is.

11 hours ago, 1004ron said:

What the OP has written isn't very clear to me, but the comment that the starter engages could suggest that the FOB is good?? 

Don't know if it cranks and doesn't fire or what the real status is.

Unfortunately I don’t have another key fob but I was going to get another made this week

5 hours ago, Tad0216 said:

No everything comes on as it should but when I go to start the vehicle nothing happens. But it’s weird because it started working this morning with no problem

I don't have access to the service manual right now but the transmission may have a sensor/switch on it that senses if it is in park or not and will not start if the switch faulty.  Just a thought.