2018 Ford Edge ST **DIESEL**

Andrea

Hello everyone, my name is Andrea and I am writing to you from Italy.  I bought a Ford edge for 3 years and 12569mi (unfortunately with a diesel engine because fuel costs a lot here in Europe) I must say that the car is exceptionally comfortable, spacious, reliable in safety ... But there is a crucial point that has me  made me think, what gearbox fits my Ford Edge?  What brand is it?  And above all, have you ever had problems with the automatic transmission?  Please help me here do not know American cars

Lotta lov guys

IMG_20201211_170558.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Andrea said:

Hello everyone, my name is Andrea and I am writing to you from Italy.  I bought a Ford edge for 3 years and 12569mi (unfortunately with a diesel engine because fuel costs a lot here in Europe) I must say that the car is exceptionally comfortable, spacious, reliable in safety ... But there is a crucial point that has me  made me think, what gearbox fits my Ford Edge?  What brand is it?  And above all, have you ever had problems with the automatic transmission?  Please help me here do not know American cars

Lotta lov guys

If it's a standard 2 litre 210PS diesel European spec Edge, the gearbox will be Ford's six-speed Powershift automatic. The Powershift is essentially a manual transmission with two clutches operated by computer, giving much better fuel economy than a traditional automatic gearbox with a torque converter. They do drive differently though, especially when new and take a little getting used to - they can be a bit "snatchy" at times.

see: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/ask-ford/technical-and-maintenance/car-features/dps6-powershift-6-speed-transmission and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_PowerShift_transmission

Edited by niceonept
  • Like 2