Check engine with P1450 code on ford edge 2.0L eco boost 2018 model

Sameer

Hi, 

Got check engine light yesterday. Getting P1450 code when did diagnostic test at auto zone.

Upon research from many article found that it could be the purge value issue, but i don't see the symptoms of it which says "trouble starting the car after fuel filling". Mine starts perfectly fine after filling the gas.

What could be the possible fix?

Appreciate the responses. 

Thanks.

Pulled this off the web. 

"

If everything seems in good shape, then you may have to take the vehicle to a certified technician. Majority of the tests performed for this code are done with a wide array of diagnostics tools.

Error Code P1450 means the fuel tank is unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum, and this has nothing to do with the fuel pressure sensor at the engine. The most common cause of this code is simply a defective Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) sensor)."

• 4 months later...

Code didn’t clear right away for me either,  it was showing as permanent on the code reader, I cleared the ones I could (pending and don’t remember what the other way)  

anyway, once you clear the codes you can with the reader. You need to start the car, let it idle for about a minute, then get on the highway and drive for 10 mins between 45-65mph.  I just set my cruise to 64 and drove.  After 10 mins park somewhere and let it idle for about another minute before turning it off.  Turn it back on and hopefully light will be off.  Found those instructions on some Ford site, worked for me.

• Like 1