Rear Liftgate LED lighting not working Edge Sport

That one was also a used lease, but if it did in fact come from the factory like that it would be even more of a mystery.

He doesn't report back on what the Dealership eventually did with the light bar, and they could possibly have corrected it.

If it was bought new and the owner discovered it and it was in the model's spec. then Ford would have to make it right.

BigBerky , how confident are you with electrics and electronics skils, are you 100% sure that its a non-illuminated light bar?

Edited by 1004ron

I have attached an image of the internal circuit board inside the light bar unit. I cut an access hole in the back of the unit.There are 2 black wires going in each direction from the top 2 white connectors  to the back up lights. The middle empty plug is where the red,green,and black 12v power comes in. That’s it for wiring or components inside. No LEDs running through the red sections of the unit. Any ideas if I’m missing something? I wanted to make sure I could reseal the back of the unit, so I didn’t cut any further. This was really touchy.  I resealed the hole with black RTV and it is back working in the edge. I’ve scoured the web for a wiring schematic of this part...not found. I’ve looked at multiple pictures of this part online trying to find differences in the wiring compared to what I have. It’s really hard to detect. I’ve called my local Ford dealership and requested a wiring breakdown for the part. According to the service manager, they don’t have that info. They just install a new parts. 

I’m at a dead end without a schematic.

I did notice one of the three main plugs for this unit has a blank pin filler on both sides of the plug (car side and part side). Maybe this has merit...not sure.

If I had more info or really good wiring pictures of the correct part for my rig that would really help. 

I used to repair pinballs and jukeboxes so I have a better that average understanding of circuitry. 

B5BAA6B8-4B4D-4F62-BA0E-C322E5DE5E3D.jpeg

Called Ford and have a case # going. Odds are they won’t help me with this issue. It would involve installing the correct wire harness and the correct part. I’m sure they would sell me the correct gear and install it for around 2 grand. These kind of one off strange issues don’t get resolved for free or even for a reasonable amount of $ at Ford. The owner who bought this rig new, should have had it fixed under warranty. Time to tap out and move on.

• 1 month later...