DRL "Signature" bumper upright LED lights - brighter?

Hi folks:

For a 2011 SEL:

I searched the forum for DRL and came back empty (weird).  I'm pretty sure this subject may have been almost exhausted...

I'm wondering if anyone knows of brighter, much brighter, much much brighter LED lights straight replacement (plug and play) for the "signature" bumper lights?

I know there're some switch backs around but I'm just looking for brighter DRL LED lights there, without extra wiring complications, again, just plug and play.

Please let me know if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance.

Onedge, I think those are the switchback type (built-in turn signal) and I think they have some kind of different wiring...  I'm looking for some kind of simple stock straight replacement but much brighter and plug & play type, without different wiring, just basically a brighter replacement.  Just checking with you folks IF someone has seen something like that in the market...

Thanks anyways, appreciated.

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 11:09 PM, Edgingage said:

Onedge, I think those are the switchback type (built-in turn signal) and I think they have some kind of different wiring...  I'm looking for some kind of simple stock straight replacement but much brighter and plug & play type, without different wiring, just basically a brighter replacement.  Just checking with you folks IF someone has seen something like that in the market...

Thanks anyways, appreciated.

Check with DriveBright as I think some of their lights can be hooked up without the turn signal and just as a DLR.

• 4 weeks later...

Question? Why do you want "brighter , much brighter, much much brighter LED lights" in the first place?

You don't need them for seeing. The only purpose would be to blind oncoming drivers. (Yes, even in daylight, bright lights can dazzle or blind oncoming drivers).

Concerning safety, doesn't make you more visible,  as standard DRL work just fine. 

And it may violate the maximum amount of light permitted at the front of a car (depending on your state laws). 

Hi Enigma:

Thank you for your question. The only reason I'd like brighter signature lights is for matching the color of the headlights.  I do agree 110% about the hazard it represents the lights that some drivers put at front, I don't get why some do that...  I'm not one of them and will not be any time soon, if ever.

Thanks again for your question.

Edited by Edgingage

• 3 weeks later...

I recently installed these on my 2013 SEL. 

They are the drive bright ones and are quite simple to install. These will give you what you are looking for and are totally worth the money. 

You can choose variations of install:

- Switchback

- DRL only

- dimming/non-dimming with headlights

You simply just do not hook up the wiring for those options. 

I have found cheap knock offs on eBay but for the price of those, the drive brights are the ones to go with. You also get warranty and fantastic support from Dan if needed. 

Hopefully that helps!

C

CB909407-F30D-4834-9D71-9A80FAF5EE04.jpeg

14E42C18-701B-48F2-BBDF-C42B3BB0E25B.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Cory, I had found some same/similar on Amazon when I got your reply at better price than drive brights (around 1/3 total price including shipping).  I haven't installed them yet.  Wish me luck ;)

Thank you folks.

Edited by Edgingage
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 9:00 AM, jdmop1 said:

Check with DriveBright as I think some of their lights can be hooked up without the turn signal and just as a DLR.

Yes, our Edge LED DRLs can be installed so that only the white LED DRL function is active.  Just don't connect the two turn signal trigger wires from our controller power harness.  Below is our installation video that shows how the trigger wires would be connected or in this case, not connected.

DriveBright Edge LED DRL kit install video

matt@rsdcustoms.ca- 1a (2).JPG

rjf936@yahoo (6).jpg

jdshroyer@gmail.com - Jason Shroyer (2).jpeg

matt@rsdcustoms (1).JPG

Edited by kc300c