Blew a shock at 23k miles

I've got H&R springs so I have no idea if they will cover it on warranty or not, only put on about 4k since the swap from stock springs. Darn dealership asked me who told me it was blown, told them it's coated in oil and dirt and rattles going over small bumps even at low speed so how is it not? My tires also rub the fender liners, which they never used to especially with my skinnier winter tires on. They then claim if it's a seep it's not covered, it's only covered for a bad leak. The other side isn't showing signs of leaking but is rubbing also, so obviously that won't be fixed since it's not covered in oil. They look at it Thursday. 

So since they likely won't fix both of them I'm likely ordering a full set of Bilstein B6's, read kyb had a set possibly but no shop has reference of it so maybe I miss read. For the few that have put on B6's do you still like them, I know @Xtra has done them, and did you use the stock bump stops, aftermarket or wish you did the opposite of what you used.

Thanks

Edited by Perblue

I have the H&R springs with B6 shocks and struts. So far so good , no problems, and I love the set up.   I know that one other member had his OEM rear shocks go out after he installed the H&R springs, but that seems to be the exception not the rule. 

21 hours ago, Perblue said:

I've got H&R springs so I have no idea if they will cover it on warranty or not, only put on about 4k since the swap from stock springs. 

Ain't no way, sorry. 

"the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford designed for off-road use only) installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or software and performance ‘‘chips’’

3 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Ain't no way, sorry. 

"the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford designed for off-road use only) installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or software and performance ‘‘chips’’

Guess I'll find out. I've already ordered the B6s anyways but potentially won't be here until june 2nd according to summit. If they fix the leaking one great, if not oh well. Doesn't hurt to try. My dealer has been ok to deal with most times even though they seem to doubt me anytime I bring up an issue. Kicker is I've had it in before for vibrations and such before mods and it's probably been the shock the whole time, it's just finally failing visibly to the point the would fix it...if it's leaking fast enough. Odd thing is I had an easier time getting things fixed on my used edge with extended warranty than this new one on factory warranty.