Oil Pan Replacement

Early Edge

Hello Xtra   Thank You for the reply. I am brand new to the Forum. I have a 2007 Edge which I love. I bought a 2017 Sport with 5,600 miles back in December. I have a lift in my garage. When I put it on the lift to get it out of the way I discovered the leak and found out about the notorious leak problem. I only wish I knew before hand. I wouldn't have touched it. Incredible to me that Ford is not trying to resolve this issue in a more sincere way. I have read so many stories on this Forum and other places how so many times so many people have had to go back numerous times because the repair wasn't done right. I would rather do it myself. I have got the TSB 19-2219. I was ready to start the job when I was reading The Labor Times description on the 2nd page of the Bulletin I saw Operation#192219E stating 0.8 hrs. to check and correct Toe Vehicles with Lane Departure, #192219F, 0.5 hrs. When 360 Degree Camera Alignment is necessary. Looking at the Oil Pan with my Edge on the lift, I  can't see anything that has anything to do with these options which are both on this Edge. So I am wondering if anybody on this Forum has actually installed the Oil Pan and possibly know any thing about this. I believe I'm capable of doing the job right by taking the time required, and the many procedures involved to get good adhesion, but until I can find out more info. on those 2 operations involving the Lane Departure & Camera, I won't proceed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Early Edge said:

I bought a 2017 Sport with 5,600 miles back in December.

Your Powertrain warranty might still be valid. It runs for 5 years or 60k miles from date of first purchase, whichever comes first. I believe an engine oil leak would be covered.

For the alignment, I guess it is because during the pan removal a suspension or subframe component needs to be removed/loosened. The TSB only covers extra steps, not the actual oil pan removal procedure.

The alignment procedure has extra steps for vehicles with Lane Departure and/or 360 cameras. For the Edge it can only have Lane Departure, there is no 360 camera option, only a front camera. The extra step requires the IPMA camera calibration in case any alignment is changed. This can easily be done with ForScan & driving on a highway with clear lane markers.

Thank You omar302 for the info. Very Helpful. I'm not very tech savvy, so I didn't even know Forscan existed. I know the Powertrain warranty is still in effect. From what I have read so far checking numerous sites. The bad results outweigh the good results when Ford does it. I know also that it could very well void my warranty if I do it. Now that I know that I can correct the Toe if necessary definitely helps.

4 hours ago, Early Edge said:

From what I have read so far checking numerous sites. The bad results outweigh the good results when Ford does it.

Just as how many had bad results, also many others got good results. I believe that with time elapsed since the TSB's were issued, they are more likely now to do it correctly than before. Repeated failure of the same vehicles would have flagged them during warranty claim from Ford and their techs would have learned to follow the correct way to replace the oil pan.