Best headlight bulbs for 2009 Edge Sport?

Unfortunately without doing a complete retrofit, a halogen is going to give you the most usable light. There’s options to change color via HID/LED but you are going to lose tons of “usable” light and gain a ton of foreground light that is unusable but will appear brighter due to hitting the ground directly in front of vehicle  and reflecting back.

• Like 1

I ran with the blue/white Sylvanias for a year. Impressive at first, but you really CAN NOT SEE AS FAR with blue light. You actually see further and better with yellowish light. Your eyes are more sensitive to this light. Consider that you only have around 2 to 7% (age, genetics) of your cones sensitive to blue light. Not only that, blue light focuses at a different place on the retina, further limiting your ability to resolve details. 

And to get the blue (whiteish) light they have to use a blue coating on the bulbs (further dimming the max light output). Also they tend to get dimmer after the first year. It's suttle, but they do weaken. (I think it's because Sylvania runs the filaments hot to overcome the blue coating losses.)

I'm currently running with Phillips X-tremeVision bulbs and they are a really good improvement over Sylvania. 

• Like 1

I use Osram Night Breaker Unlimited halogens, but you can check bulbfacts.com for alternatives that will work.

You can retrofit an H9 into the H11 housing - lows and fogs - but not sure what the longterm consequences are for the headlight assembly (plastic).

owner experiences with this conversion

https://www.4runners.com/threads/h9-in-h11-headlight-sockets.8593/

If you use LEDs, they MUST have adjustable bases to align them perfectly in the housing.

Best way is to retrofit the housing for HID projectors.  HIDs still offer the best lighting pattern/distance, though LEDs are getting closer.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W