SDPUPILLO's 2016 Edge Sport

What's up everyone!

Our edge was delivered yesterday and I've spent a few hours going over it and put a few miles on it. Can say I'm happy with my purchase to this point. It's a 2016 AWD Sport with 69,5xx miles. Drives great, really quiet and isn't afraid to merge on the highway that's for sure. As you can tell, purchased the car through Carvana. Which was an easy process, but scary to have purchased sight unseen. Car shows it's years and mileage. Has some rock chips and light scratches, to be expected. The driver door B pillar panels show some cracking, and the window trim looks AWFUL if you ask me. I didn't expect perfection, but those will be my first projects. Overall, I'm happy with how the car performs, the cosmetic things will be address. Here's kind of list of things I'm looking to do to the car. 

• Replace damaged window trims.
  • Change PTU oil, who knows the last time it was changed.
  • Service the panoramic sunroof. It's a little slow to open. Might be normal, but couldn't hurt to clean and grease up the tracks.
  • Needs a paint correction, and good detailing overall. Cleans up nice, but needs a little more TLC.

Some future mods I'm interested in.

• Free air mod and airbox that Xtra is making.
  • Taking off the stick on window vents, and adding Weathertech ones with rear cargo mat.
  • I'd also like the car area cover, if anyone has one they don't want/use :)
  • Might be stupid, but have read about the Boomba BOV adapter. I know it's pointless, but would be fun to hear when I'm out being a goofball by myself.
  • Tint
  • Maybe some 21" wheels at some point. Like the look of them better, but that's pretty low on my list.

Lastly, would like some advice for those with car seats in the back and not damaging the seat. When I was shopping around, lots of cars had permanent impressions in the seats. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

ID0vn5u.jpg

5iXnsOi.jpg

9Qgqyp2.jpg

WvcKnzg.jpg

ZuRuASP.jpg

45htxws.jpg

zXrsw9E.jpg

I9mq4c8.jpg

7PqPqzy.jpg

T1fcNJs.jpg

XuLOFA3.jpg

Edited by sdpupillo
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, MiamiHaze said:

congrats buddy. Just got a 16 sport myself and so far love it. Been wondering about a blowoff valve too. I really like the way my acuras turbo sounded and the blow off was really nice too. Our cars are dead silent :(

Thanks man! Congrats on your purchase as well! I haven't had a turbo car in years so I'd like a little turbo noise with the car. But, it is nice to have a car that's very quiet. Think I'll buy one in the next day or so, be fun to hear while the weather is nice and windows are down!

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm immature, I had to order a Boomba. Don't have any plans to modify this car heavily, so just a little extra sound. Had read that you wouldn't hear this all that much with normal driving. Well, I take a lot of highways to work. Surprisingly, you hear this quite a bit on the highway. Weather it be just cruising along or trying to pass another car. Windows down, music low, it's pretty obvious. If your windows are up, average music volume and AC blowing on setting 2-3, you just faintly hear it. Over all, for $60, worth it! See how long I have it on before I get annoyed with it!

https://i.imgur.com/FNPbj5I.jpg[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/ZY2n9Mc.jpg[/img]

Edited by sdpupillo
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, sdpupillo said:

Lastly, would like some advice for those with car seats in the back and not damaging the seat. When I was shopping around, lots of cars had permanent impressions in the seats. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

I had both infant and young man seats in back seat of my 09 mkx. When I put them in, I put my knee into them to make certain they were pressed deep into the seats so there was no squirm. (Leather seats).

The impressions left behind do go away in time. Possibly the cars you seen had just come to market. Think it has if someone sits on the seat helps to relieve to lines and straighten them out.

I suppose you could put a blanket down on the back seat to provide some protection. Should provide enough base to spread out the load. Just make certain the seat is pressed down hard to prevent any movement.

BTW, I used a seat belt extender on the back seat. Made it easier when connecting seat belts, when mom and dad were riding in back seat. (Really gets tight when seat is in).

The extenders are FREE at your local dealer. (There are two styles, front seats use different connectors than the back seat.) Talk to your parts dept. as the usually don't stock lots of these. You can get one free one for each seat position. I told dealer I wanted three for back seat and he asked why. Said to install car seat and he asked if parents were heavy set.

Thought for a second and said yes. He said needed to hear that to qualify for free. I still have two in the back seat. Think they're around 5-6" long.

Other than that, common sense on the design of the seat. In both cases I bought the best available at the time. Top one is like the one I bought (no longer sold), bottom is the actual one).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019EGMGR0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_7TGJVMAYCAJ3TK01ADTZ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBYAF6S/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_2KXXB8CN16P72974XWH8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by enigma-2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 2:38 PM, sdpupillo said:

Since I'm immature, I had to order a Boomba. Don't have any plans to modify this car heavily, so just a little extra sound. Had read that you wouldn't hear this all that much with normal driving. Well, I take a lot of highways to work. Surprisingly, you hear this quite a bit on the highway. Weather it be just cruising along or trying to pass another car. Windows down, music low, it's pretty obvious. If your windows are up, average music volume and AC blowing on setting 2-3, you just faintly hear it. Over all, for $60, worth it! See how long I have it on before I get annoyed with it!

https://i.imgur.com/FNPbj5I.jpg[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/ZY2n9Mc.jpg[/img]

How long did this take you to install and how easy was it?

(Car looks great btw)

On 8/22/2021 at 1:47 AM, CM '17 Edge Sport said:

How long did this take you to install and how easy was it?

(Car looks great btw)

Took 15 minutes, tops. Have to remove the engine cover, the 3 E5 bolts on the BOV. Reinstall with the provided bolts.

Appreciate the compliment!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, itsnotdustin said:

Wow that looks great. I just ordered the ABS one....now I'm thinking I should have got the carbon. Either way, the fit and finish looks professional. Any issues with hood closing?

I love the carbon look, figured I'd might as well spend the extra and not regret it later. Now I want to get the engine cover hydrodipped to match it. Maybe one day. 

I closed the hood very carefully at first and it didn't close all the way. Gave it a little more force and it snapped shut. Hopefully with some heating cycles, it'll conform where it won't need any additional pressure to close. Very impressed and have no regrets!

8 minutes ago, sdpupillo said:

I love the carbon look, figured I'd might as well spend the extra and not regret it later. Now I want to get the engine cover hydrodipped to match it. Maybe one day. 

I closed the hood very carefully at first and it didn't close all the way. Gave it a little more force and it snapped shut. Hopefully with some heating cycles, it'll conform where it won't need any additional pressure to close. Very impressed and have no regrets!

Good to hear. I'm excited to get mine in.