2016 Towing Package - trailer wiring?

Recently bought a 2016 SEL AWD that included Ford's trailer towing package. But I looked under there and do not see a trailer wiring plug. I do see a wire up in the bumper, but it seems fixed and I'm guessing it has something to do with either the collision or parking sensors. 

Did Ford include trailer wiring? I find it odd that they would include the hitch, but not the wiring harness. 

The pic is what I see from below

20210813_224327.jpg

Edited by KrazyIvanUSA

North American-market Edges with the factory-installed Tow Package do include trailer wiring and a 4-pin connector with a removable rubber cap...

Ford Trailer Tow Flat-4 Connector.jpg

...which, in this illustration looking from underneath and toward the back, slides into a bracket attached to the factory-installed hitch (yellow-outlined red arrow)...

2016 Edge Factory Trailer Wiring Connector - View from beneath looking toward rear.jpg

...with the connector visible just beneath the rear valance panel to the left of the of the 2 x 2 receiver box (yellow arrow) on these of 2016 Edge SELs...

2016 Edge Factory Trailer Wiring Connector 1.jpg

2016 Edge Factory Trailer Wiring Connector 2.jpg

2016 Edge Factory Trailer Wiring Connector 3.jpg

The factory 4-pin connector’s wiring should be a ribbon of four wires color-coded & functioning as… 

2016 Edge Factory 4-Pin Connector Wiring color codes and functions.jpg

If the trailer wiring is the dealer-installed Ford accessory kit, it may have a ribbon of four wires (white, black, yellow and green) leading to the 4-pin connector, along with a Ford logo on the rubber cap.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1