ST Suspension Components on 2017 Edge Sport?

I am looking at bit long term in the next year or so when the suspension on my Edge Sport starts to die out.    Seems the ST uses largely all the same mounting points and suspension components, but different specs.     I Read on a R&T review that there was a significant change to the rear suspension?  ANd roll rate changes to the sway bars, but after looking at the part numbers on Tasca it seem they share the same part numbers for the sway bars.   The front struts and rear shocks are all different part numbers but seem similar, and then its down to figuring out which springs are the right PN for the ST, since they list a dozen of them it seems. 

If I am going to do Struts/shocks in a year i'd be game to make the car a bit more well sprung like the ST.   Anyone swapped those parts?    I have zero interest in buying a ST, as my well pampered and now tuned Sport is still very nice, but getting some of the vehicle dynamics perks of the ST would be handy :) 

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, clegg78 said:

I am looking at bit long term in the next year or so when the suspension on my Edge Sport starts to die out.    Seems the ST uses largely all the same mounting points and suspension components, but different specs.     I Read on a R&T review that there was a significant change to the rear suspension?  ANd roll rate changes to the sway bars, but after looking at the part numbers on Tasca it seem they share the same part numbers for the sway bars.   The front struts and rear shocks are all different part numbers but seem similar, and then its down to figuring out which springs are the right PN for the ST, since they list a dozen of them it seems. 

If I am going to do Struts/shocks in a year i'd be game to make the car a bit more well sprung like the ST.   Anyone swapped those parts?    I have zero interest in buying a ST, as my well pampered and now tuned Sport is still very nice, but getting some of the vehicle dynamics perks of the ST would be handy :) 

if you want sporty fun.  do H&R springs on Bilstein b6 shocks with addco rear sway.  will handle like a car! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Special_K said:

if you want sporty fun.  do H&R springs on Bilstein b6 shocks with addco rear sway.  will handle like a car! 

Let me fix that for you...... It will hand like a go-kart!  Seriously though it's one of the best upgrades possible. She will be nimble, agile and feel light on her feet!

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 2

This is great info!  Question I have though is I would rather not drop the ride height of the car, as I do use it often on some pretty interesting dirt roads, and do drive in a lot of snow.   That is the only concern I have with the H&R springs is that they drop the height!  is there an option at stock ride height that still improve the ride?

21 minutes ago, clegg78 said:

This is great info!  Question I have though is I would rather not drop the ride height of the car, as I do use it often on some pretty interesting dirt roads, and do drive in a lot of snow.   That is the only concern I have with the H&R springs is that they drop the height!  is there an option at stock ride height that still improve the ride?

bilstein shocks and rear sway then

• Like 2