2021 Edge order canceled

seip719

Did anyone else have an order for a 2021 Edge that was already confirmed canceled? I had one and my dealer called stating they receive a message from Ford that all 2021 Edge orders are canceled and they had to place a new order for the 2022 Edge which I'm not sure how I feel about it given that the new 2022's don't have a light in the glovebox and the head rests only go up and down no forward or back tilt. Also had to change the color as they discontinued the Lithium Gray option.

• Sad 1

FWIT General Motors announced that they are stopping all manufacturing of 2021 car due to lack of parts (chips mostly). Blamed it on COVID-19.

Actually Ford just announced the same thing. "Until further notice ".

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/08/gm-cutting-production-at-several-plants-due-to-chip-shortage.html

Actually may be  worth waiting as when the 2021's get chips next year, there will be a glut and you'll have your pick, perhaps at a good price inasmuch as they will be "last years model". !!!!

Edited by enigma-2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RJG said:

Is anyone ordering a 2022 Ford Edge with X plan? Dealers accepting this? 

I'm planning on using X plan. I just ordered one and the order printout has the X plan price on it. I'm also expecting (based on salesperson info) to get the $1000 off for custom ordering.

Edited by Jeff Alan

• 2 months later...

I used the X plan on my 22 but the genius never did any pricing per month. Of course, I did and it came up in the low 500’s for a buy. When I went this last Friday, they quote me 590 a month. I had to go with a 2021 SEL loaded at 500 a month. Crappy part is I went from grey to silver ugh. 

Edited by Mlpain24

17 hours ago, Mlpain24 said:

I used the X plan on my 22 but the genius never did any pricing per month. Of course, I did and it came up in the low 500’s for a buy. When I went this last Friday, they quote me 590 a month. I had to go with a 2021 SEL loaded at 500 a month. Crappy part is I went from grey to silver ugh. 

So you forgot to lock in your financing and you’re calling him the “genius”?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 7:34 PM, seip719 said:

Did anyone else have an order for a 2021 Edge that was already confirmed canceled? I had one and my dealer called stating they receive a message from Ford that all 2021 Edge orders are canceled and they had to place a new order for the 2022 Edge which I'm not sure how I feel about it given that the new 2022's don't have a light in the glovebox and the head rests only go up and down no forward or back tilt. Also had to change the color as they discontinued the Lithium Gray option.

Have you checked surrounding inventory?  What’s your zip and what exactly did you order?

Nox Vidmate VLC

Edited by jemievardy