Can't use Forscan bc I have a tune?

Hey Everybody,

I just bought a dongle and downloaded Forscan onto my laptop.  I followed all the instructions for setup, but when I hooked up to the car I got the message in the photo and couldn't do anything at all.  Does anyone know if I need to return to the stock tune in order to use Forscan? If so, will the changes hold after I re-load the tune?  Or do I need to contact my tuner and get the information its asking for? OR should I already have that information somewhere? Any help/advice would be much appreciated.   Thanks guys.

20211023_212911.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 11:39 PM, jmr061 said:

You should already have that info it is asking for. 

Dang, I never got a notification and thought nobody ever responded to this thread, sorry for my delay in response.  Which part should I already have? The factory PCM part #? Or the strategy code/name for the tune? Or both? Thanks very much 

On 11/24/2021 at 9:23 PM, RidinDrty said:

Dang, I never got a notification and thought nobody ever responded to this thread, sorry for my delay in response.  Which part should I already have? The factory PCM part #? Or the strategy code/name for the tune? Or both? Thanks very much 

in theory, the factory PCM part # can be retrieved from Forscan app on the phone.. 

I'm fairly certain i've seen a listing of module part #s when i was poking around on mine..