Edge 2019 AWD malfunction service required

Ammarko

Hello all

After long trip in my country, I stopped my Edge for one day, and the next day when I started my Edge, it suddenly sounded like rear wheel were engaging and disengaging continually. That time, the AWD malfunction service require appearing at dual display of the driver side. When start driving with that error and I notice that AWD torque sharing display is not showing how much load is sharing to front and rear but car can drive with forward wheels.

The sound of engagement and disengaged of rear wheel is not heard after a short drive but all issues still exist. Every starting of engine, I would hear that jerk sound, get the malfunction message and not working AWD make me annoying. I hope someone can help me with my issue. I went to some experience workshops and nobody can solve it.

anybody can help me with this issue?

11.jpg

Edited by Ammarko

• 1004ron changed the title to Edge 2019 AWD malfunction service required
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have this problem (AWD Malfunction) with my 2019 Titanium.  Its been at the dealership last two months more than in my garage and still not fixed.  Looking for some thought or ideas I'm getting desperate.

I started getting some "lighting system failure alerts on FordPass about 18 months ago.  Details showed "A burned out bulb or an electrical system problem may exist with the exterior lamp system".  All the lights were working and I wasn't having any other issues so just ignored it.  I'd get this alert about once every 2-3 months.

About 12 months ago I started hearing a banging noise coming from the rear end when I was taking a turn from a dead stop.  Dealership replaced the rear diff fluid and that seemed to fix the issue.

On Dec 19, 2021 I got a "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power" and "Lighting system Failure".  Both light went away in a day.  

In January 2022 I got the "AWD Malfunction Service Required" light come on the dash and I only have front wheel drive and reduced power.

Took into dealership and they replaced the rear drivetrain sensor.  Light came back on the next day.  Went back into dealer and then they replaced the rear diff unit.  Light came back on the next day.  Went back into dealership and they found a bad electrical wire.  AWD Malfunction light stayed off for 4 days and came back on tonight.

Worst part is we've been driving in the worst part of the winter for the last 4-6 weeks with no AWD.  This is beyond an inconvenience now...

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I have a Ford Edge 2019 SEL built in Canada. It had the same issue on November 2020 with the noise like an actuator not working properly in the rear wheels with the car not even on, just parked with just 8,756Km (5,440 miles). 

I took it to the dealership, was there for a month and they had to replace the differential and the error went away. Less than two years later with 20,519km (12,750 mi) the error came back again. This time I didn't hear the actuator looping and the night before I was stuck in heavy traffic (I live in a very hot and humid weather). I had extended the warranty, otherwise it would have expired 6 months ago. In the dealer, this time they allowed me to use my car (even though the AWD was disabled by the error) while the parts arrived.  After a few weeks they called and replaced the "actuator motor" and the differential again. This warranty extension will be over in a year and a half, but I'm not keeping this car knowing that next time the $1,000 will have to come out of my pocket to have them fix an issue that will be back again.

20201106_150456289_iOS.jpg.503645143650bea6a9cc9c085eff2318.jpg20221014_121752529_iOS.jpg.a1a43f4e7169041e48cc8e04163edc1a.jpg