2008 Edge, Timing Off on left side

Boss727

Hey guys, after much reading from you guys I dove in to replace my water pump after failure and 105xxx miles. Pump is in and upon reinstalling timing chain I found my intake? Or left side timing pulley to be off by about 3-4 links. Can not get the pulley to move by hand, If I put chain on to move the pulleys I will be left with the right side out. What can I do ??? 

F89BEFFE-05FE-42FE-AB9B-628078A17106.jpeg

2 hours ago, Boss727 said:

Alright, Thanks The T55 and was able to counter clock the small degree it needed. Pray for my valves. Thanks for the response.

Sorry for slow follow up. It should be all good, If the bolt did so happen to come undone turning it back, the bolt would have been under torqued. Spark plugs make no difference unless turning the crank. If your crank is set on it's timing mark you don't need to worry about the cylinders, make sure crank and cams are all lined up with their marks and you should be good to go.

Edited by Perblue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All lined up,

Will report back after It’s buttoned up as my oil was a milkshake and Im sure people are doing as I was and googling 1000 words in different arrangements. Thanks for the responses, Marks are lined up. For everyone on google.
Timing out of sync ford edge

All bolts replaced timing cover and down,

Took a few cranks to start, Engine sounds like it’s running well, However I have smoke once the engine warms up a bit? Only from left head, thinking it’s burning off the coolant residual from the left or back Valve cover? Those would be most affected after the right side shuts down to pull in air upon overheat.

slightly milky oil, thinking it’s from the inch of caked coolant/oil mix in the bottom of the pan. Flipping oil a few more times and see how she goes.

No air through vents.

Edited by Boss727