Backup camera says "full view not available" ?

Razrburn

So I have a new one day old 2022 Ford edge. Backup camera says "full view not available" it's kinda annoying cause the text blocks the reverse camera view, it also doesn't time out and disappear and the sales rep advised it was a setting, and I just didn't have time to dig into it.. any ideas. I'm thinking it's possibly chip shortage related or something

Seen this pop up in the truck forums when driver has rear camera turned on while driving. (Probably using aftermarket module or harness). He posted a pix and his text was right in the place where a car following behind would be. Some thought the idea was supposed to show contents in bed or trailer hitch, but not cars following. (?)

He was advised to toggle through different camera views (2022 my or late 2021 with update). One response was from Ford who asked him for his info so they could look into it.

I'd call your Concierre at your dealer and have him call Ford for an answer. 

Edit.

Was talking to another about this, seems related to not being able to use the 360° all around view. If so, appears to definitely be a fault.

Edited by enigma-2

• 1004ron changed the title to Backup camera says "full view not available" ?
  • 3 months later...

Isn't there a recall in place having to do with this? NHTSA# 22S14/22V-151. Date on it  is 2022-03-11.

This shows up in my Ford Pass app: "APIM MODULE REPROGRAMMING DUE TO DISTORTED SCREEN", but I've had no issues with mine ('21ST 401A).

Edited by RBX QB
  • Like 1

Schedule with your dealer to have the modules updated.  Several modules are involved so it takes all day (mine was in overnight).  My dealer only has one tech to do programming so I had to schedule a week in advance.  Your letter will mention over the air updates, but don't hold your breath for that. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, RBX QB said:

Isn't there a recall in place having to do with this? NHTSA# 22S14/22V-151. Date on it  is 2022-03-11.

The recall for the 2021-2022 Ford Edge is for a blurred image, no image, or a “camera not available” error message. 

• Like 1