point of contact

On 6/28/2022 at 2:39 PM, mrmikesdeuce said:

I have a 2019 Edge Titanium with 15,000 miles on it. My warranty ran out on May the 2nd. On June 15 my air conditioner compressor broke, and it's about $1000 to repair. Is there someone at Ford I can talk to about getting some financial restitution for this?.

Got a phone number for Ford but got no satisfaction from them. If an air compressor can go with just 15,000 miles, then what's next. After owning 11 new Ford and Lincolns since 1985 maybe it's time to try another brand.

3 hours ago, mrmikesdeuce said:

Got a phone number for Ford but got no satisfaction from them. If an air compressor can go with just 15,000 miles, then what's next. After owning 11 new Ford and Lincolns since 1985 maybe it's time to try another brand.

I hear Toyota's are pretty reliable. Buick came in first overall in JD Power's initial satisfaction survey. Lots to choose from if you're no longer happy with your Edge.

Extended warranty was also an option.

Edited by handfiler

4 hours ago, mrmikesdeuce said:

I think you'll find the other brands have very similar warranties, and most often don't cover anything when that expires.

Mike: Was the source of the $1,000 repair estimate the Service Department at the dealership where you purchased the Edge new?

If so, I expect you voiced comparable displeasure to them about paying for the repair.

Did they offer to elevate your case to an Area Factory Service Rep, to see if they could receive a Goodwill authorization from Ford, whereby Ford might cover the cost of the replacement Compressor, if you were willing to pay a percentage, or in-full, for the dealership Labor to install the new Compressor?

Did any conversation like that occur, especially if you've bought many of your vehicles there? 

The terminology would be that you are seeking a Goodwill repair arrangement to ensure your continued customer satisfaction as a long-time Ford & Lincoln owner. 

Good luck!