Getting Keypad code from Ford

you don't mention what year you have, but on my 2011 it's this:  

after that, you set your own code like this:

Enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered
within five seconds of each other.

7 hours ago, pedro2u said:

you don't mention what year you have, but on my 2011 it's this:  

after that, you set your own code like this:

Enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered
within five seconds of each other.

Thank you. I have however a 2019 ford edge titanium. 

Edited by 1004ron
Don't need to quote everyting

Living on the edge with only one key! This is the first of many things that are difficult and expensive and could easily leave you stranded.

I just bought my Edge, and even though CarFax showed the dealership "rekeying", "adding key(s)", it only had one fob, and no emergency key. There was no way I was leaving with that setup. They got a second fob and programmed it in (not cloned), but still didn't have the emergency keys in the fobs. Instead of waiting around that day (it wouldn't have happened, that lock smith couldn't do them) I waited a couple of days and they sent someone. They said that the key blank was on back order, the ones I got seem aftermarket, very similar to the one I bought from China for $3.

On a 2019 Edge, theres a couple of methods you can use to find your code if you only have one key and no owners manual key card.

You can give your dealer your vin and he can decode it to find Ford's manufacturing number. They ca also sell and cut you another key. 

The other method is to locate the cars Remote Anti-Theft (RAP) module,. The 5-digit code is printed on a label attached to the face of this module. The module itself is located on the drivers side, rear, behind the cargo space side panel. (Pops off with a screwdriver and clips. I haven't messed with a 2019 but should be able to find a YouTube on how to do it. Should be a 5-minute job).

As for the 2nd key, I'd at least start by pricing with your local dealer. Then a locksmith. (Not all locksmiths have the proper key cuttinh machine. Check onlune for one that advertises Ford locks. If he's cheaper, call the parts department back and tell him the locksmiths' price, ask if they'll match. (Ebstablishes this car with a dealer and probably more dependable. They can be counted on should there be a problem with the key).

6 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

On a 2019 Edge, theres a couple of methods you can use to find your code if you only have one key and no owners manual key card.

You can give your dealer your vin and he can decode it to find Ford's manufacturing number. They ca also sell and cut you another key. 

My local dealership said it was a major undertaking to try and get the keypad code from Ford, and to date they'd never actually accomplished that.

With the photo that I had of my keys with the code they cut a physical key for me which allowed me to get into the car - this was when I accidently locked both sets of key fobs and keys inside the car.

• 5 weeks later...