Short Rant

RPGR90s

Love our 2019 ST. Handling, styling, comfort and plenty of power. I have two minor complaints though, so I hope Ford is listening.

The gauges. Since this is a sport truck, I want to see actual analog style gauges for fuel, volts, oil pressure and engine temp. The tach is selectable as is the boost gauge, but I would like a cleaner layout.

The heated steering wheel control. I would rather have a switch. Put it right next to the driver's heated seat control. If I have my Iphone plugged in and Google Play is working, I have to un-plug the phone, then go into the home screen menu to turn the heat off.

That's it.

btw, for a nice improvement in braking, check out the PowerStop kit with drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads. Installed myself and even learned there is a parking brake maintenance mode that releases the servo to fully retract the brake pistons.

https://www.powerstop.com/product/power-stop-z23-brake-kit/

Sure, a switch like the seats would be nice.

My work around is to have a timer that I set using Forscan. 5min is perfect for the car to warm up. If need it longer, I turn off/on to get another 5min. Not ideal but works for me.

Timeouts for Heated Steering Wheel

HSWM

714-01-01

*xxx xxxx xxxx

*xxx xxxx xxxx

HSWM is Heated Steering Wheel Module. Replace the asterisk with one of the following: 1=Timeout disabled, 8=5 mins, 9=10 mins, A=12 mins, B=15 mins, C=18 mins, D=20 mins, E=25 mins, F=30 mins

18 hours ago, RPGR90s said:

If I have my Iphone plugged in and Google Play is working, I have to un-plug the phone, then go into the home screen menu to turn the heat off.

I'm a relatively new wireless CarPlay user - I can switch from any app such as Waze to Sync, turn on or off the steering wheel heat and while on the Sync screen hit "maps" and I'm back in Waze, or any other Carplay app.