ST Mud Flaps

THK

While Ford has not produced a mud flap accessory and Weather Tech does not make mud flaps for the ST, how is the fitment/quality on some of the E-bay units that are offered?  Price range is all over the place. Any help from the ST community on what you're using.  

I keep sent in a request to Weather Tech every month inquiring about the mud flaps.  They offer flaps for the Edge but they don't fit the ST.  Maybe they need to hear from the ST community.  Might let the know that if you produce it we will buy it.

Any suggestions to the first part would be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083L9NS9D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Same issue with the Sport, Ford don't make any that match the profile of  the body trim.

I don't know how different the ST body trim is, but the ones I bought on Amazon are perfect - you could contact that seller and see what they have for the ST.

On 12/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, THK said:

While Ford has not produced a mud flap accessory and Weather Tech does not make mud flaps for the ST, how is the fitment/quality on some of the E-bay units that are offered?  Price range is all over the place. Any help from the ST community on what you're using.  

I keep sent in a request to Weather Tech every month inquiring about the mud flaps.  They offer flaps for the Edge but they don't fit the ST.  Maybe they need to hear from the ST community.  Might let the know that if you produce it we will buy it.

Any suggestions to the first part would be appreciated.

I believe I read about the Amazon mud flaps in the listing below on an Edge forum. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083K24NRZ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

They are suppose to be a perfect fit for my 2019 Edge ST.  I bought them in October, but have not had the time to try install them yet.  I have held the mud flaps in place to check the fitment and they look very promising for both the front and rear.   I intend to use the suggested installation method with the addition of 3M double sided body accessory mounting tape between the mud flaps and the painted surfaces of the fenders that the mud flaps contact.  For the price of $25.99 with an additional 5% coupon, if they don't work it's not much of a lose.   if you decide to give them a try and determine that they are not compatible, please post.  I can still return mine until 1/23/2023 if  the winter weather further delays my installation.  Thank you,

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1004ron said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083L9NS9D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Same issue with the Sport, Ford don't make any that match the profile of  the body trim.

I don't know how different the ST body trim is, but the ones I bought on Amazon are perfect - you could contact that seller and see what they have for the ST.

Just ordered these.  How did you end up mounting them?  With the included J nuts or with the original Ford push pins?

Some of the reviews say they had trouble mounting them.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

In  a previous post I provided an Amazon link to mud flaps that were suppose to fit a 2019 Edge ST.  Since I had until 1/31/2023 to return the flaps I wanted to prove that they actually would fit. In my original post I said they looked like they would fit. I decided to do it today since I only have a week to return them if they don't work.  I decided to only try the driver side flaps and did not remove the wheels.  They fit PERFECT.  All holes aligned and I was able to use the attachment hardware, rivets and screws, that were already on the car.  I will have to put a small notch in the rear flap(s) under the fender to clear a screw that interferes with the edge of the flap.  Not a problem since it is under the fender and not visible.  I did not fully tighten  the 7/32"  screws that attach the rear flap since I was planning on removing the passenger side flaps and reinstalling both sides after washing  the car.  I bought some spare rivets incase I messed up the originals, which did not happen.  I Will probably use new rivets for the final install and  3M 06384 double sided automotive tape if I feel that it will provide any benefit.  Since I can not attach more than one picture to this post, I will post pictures in the 3 following posts.

IMG_2672.JPG

Edited by BillE
typo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2023 at 6:37 PM, 1004ron said:

I'd forgotten, so took a look and see that the front use the plastic rivets and the rear uses the existing hex head screws.

Its a lot easier if you take the wheels off.

I ended up using the Ford hardware for the back and got my own bolts and J nuts from Ace Hardware.  They fit really well.

Edited by 1004ron