Shop Manuals

weasel

I realize that most of us are under warranty and won't be doing much in the way of major repairs, but I want to stick my neck out here. The mailman brought me a complete set of manuals for a 2008 Edge/MKX ( including wiring diagrams. ). If anyone needs anythng specific, I may be able to help. Keep in mind I work shift work and have dial-up internet. If you need a scan of something, I can give it a try, but it will really depend on its size as to whether I can post or e-mail it.

Cheers and have a good new year !

Derek

I realize that most of us are under warranty and won't be doing much in the way of major repairs, but I want to stick my neck out here. The mailman brought me a complete set of manuals for a 2008 Edge/MKX ( including wiring diagrams. ). If anyone needs anythng specific, I may be able to help. Keep in mind I work shift work and have dial-up internet. If you need a scan of something, I can give it a try, but it will really depend on its size as to whether I can post or e-mail it.

Derek

Derek, I want the wiring diagrams so that I can install fogs on my SE. PM me with the information on how to get them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Derek,

Thanks for your kind offer, I am looking for the circuit that powers the radio after the ignition is off, until the door is opened.

This is important, because I will be installing a remote start, and I don't want the radio to run the battery down on a failed start or a timed-out warmup run. If I could see where this power comes from, maybe I could devise a way to open it up upon remote start shutdown.

Thanks a lot.

Pin 15 ( Grey with violet stripe ) is hot in Start

Pin 1 ( White with red stripe ) is Battery

Pin 2 ( Blue ) goes to the accessory delay relay. My guess is this is the one you'd need.

If my thinking is correct, all you'd have to do is snip the blue wire and you'd solve the problem completely. You would lose the capability of listening to the radio with the key out, but who really does that anyway ?

One other thing. There is 10 minute battery run down protection. The radio should shut itself down ( as well as anything else left on ).

Hope this helps,

Derek

Pin 15 ( Grey with violet stripe ) is hot in Start

Pin 1 ( White with red stripe ) is Battery

Pin 2 ( Blue ) goes to the accessory delay relay. My guess is this is the one you'd need.

If my thinking is correct, all you'd have to do is snip the blue wire and you'd solve the problem completely. You would lose the capability of listening to the radio with the key out, but who really does that anyway ?

One other thing. There is 10 minute battery run down protection. The radio should shut itself down ( as well as anything else left on ).

Hope this helps,

Derek

Derek

That helps tremendously, thanks a lot! I will just test the 10-minute shutoff feature, and then if it really does this, just leave it as that.

I originally got all worried when I read about someone with a big amp that came on with the radio mentioning this was a problem, but without any amp, no problem.

These are wire colors at the radio, right?

Thanks again

Edited by dbacon

Hi Derek:

I just purchasd a 08 SEL without DRL's. Dose the manual / wiring diagram have anything about what is needed for that feature.

Earl

Derek

Hi Derek:

I just purchasd a 08 SEL without DRL's. Dose the manual / wiring diagram have anything about what is needed for that feature.

Earl

Hi Earl. :D Again, this question has been asked and answered here many times. You must take your Edge to the Dealership Service Department for them to reprogram the SJB (Smart Junction Box) to enable the DRL's.

They can only be enabled and disabled through the Dealership system. There is no shortcut to allow you to do-it-yourself.

Call another Dealership and ask to speak to the Service Manager, until you find one that knows the proper procedure.

If you doubt the above information, you can do a site search for "DRL's", "Daytime Running Lights", "Enabling DRLs'" etc etc. to double check.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Derek,

There has been many questions in the towing section about the connector tucked under the rear bumper. Can it be used for trailer lighting system and what is needed to activate it? Does your electrical manual have any information about it?

Appreciate you taking the time to look this up!!

Hi Derek,

There has been many questions in the towing section about the connector tucked under the rear bumper. Can it be used for trailer lighting system and what is needed to activate it? Does your electrical manual have any information about it?

Appreciate you taking the time to look this up!!

There isn't anything that specific. I'd have to look up the wiring for the vehicles without the trailer package and then look it up for those with and compare. I do believe this was covered somewhere, as best as I can remember, all you have to do is add two relays and that wiring is activated. Honestly, I'd just get an aftermarket powered trailer light module and go from there. At least then you'd have the option of going up to a 6 or 7 pole connection. I'll double check when I get to my house though ( I am at my folks' place right now ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nope, because ambient lighting didn't appear until the 09 model year and I have the 08 manuals.

Ok so I need some info on the braking systems. Does the shop manual note the differences between the FWD and AWD Ford EDGE's? I know the rotor is bigger but what else is?