Anyone Using Liqui Moly Special Tech oil??

debbyzog

• 1 year later...

If everything is fine with the oil your using, why screw with it? A good synthetic oil does not need any type of additive to make it better. Adding a additive may have negative affects on the oil chemistry and also void the oil companies warranty.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 4:09 PM, debbyzog said:

I’ve been using mobile1 5W30 synthetic oil in my 2020 edge 2.0. Everything has been fine so far, but I’ve been doing a lot of reading about liquiMoly motor oil and wondered if anyone is using this liqui Moly oil.  it comes from Germany. Thanks in advance. 

We used Liquid Moly in the shop (fleet service) for a little while, but no longer do. 

I don't recall there being any problem it, it was just a question of product availability and pricing iirc.

I tend toward the belief that money spent on the lubrication and filtration products used in your vehicle is an investment in reliability.. 

but it can be a gamble too, if they are over hyped and sub standard. Not saying that is the case here, just a thought.

14 hours ago, JTW said:

If everything is fine with the oil your using, why screw with it? A good synthetic oil does not need any type of additive to make it better. Adding a additive may have negative affects on the oil chemistry and also void the oil companies warranty.

LiquidMoly is not an additive, it is a brand of oil