2016 Edge w/2.0 throttle body issue

raceman6135

Hi all.

First post here. I've searched this forum and others for some information but could not find exactly what I need, so decided to join and ask.

May or may not be relevant: both me and the vehicle are Canadian.

Dealing with a 2016 Edge (Titanium) with the 2.0 engine. Have received the P2112 trouble code a couple of times and think we have it narrowed down to a faulty ETB (electronic throttle body). I have found a lot of info, videos, TSBs, etc. but they primarily deal with the 3.5 and 3.7 litre engines. Regardless, since Ford seems to have a huge issue with the ETBs in a lot of vehicles in their lineup, I decided to replace it myself.

TSB 16-0139 specifies that for the 2016 Edge with 2.0 ETB part number DS7Z-9E926-D should be used, but when I ask my local Ford dealer about that part number, they do not list it for this vehicle, but it would be appropriate if it had the 2.7. Their listing calls for a DS7Z-9E926-C. The -D part is about $155 CDN and is in stock; the -C part is over $500 and a couple of days away.

Rock Auto has the -D listed for about $74 CDN (but it's not listed if you look it up by year/make/model). They don't list the -C Ford part, but they list aftermarket parts that cross reference from the -C for much less than the $500 Ford part.

To further confuse things, the RA lookup under Y/M/M offers Motorcraft TB37 as an option for $266. What is the "long" Ford part number that equates to Motorcraft TB37?

Has anyone replaced their ETB on a 2016 Edge 2.0? What part number did you use, and was it successful?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by raceman6135

They look significantly different I think a visual check might help. The -D revision seems to be for older non turbo cars (it superscedes a 2009 part number) as well as more recent 2.5 gas, 2.0/2.5 hybrids, and the 2.7 in cars. I also don't think that TSB covers the Edge with the 2.0, just the Edge with the 3.5 (and that AT4Z-9E926-B TB that is $45).

• 2 months later...

I just got done replacing my 2016 2.0 throttle body.  We were getting a wrench icon with a "see owners manual" message constantly.  I did not get a code reading with my scanner.  Seems that was common with F150 models with the wrench icon.

This is the one that I bought on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144902748645

The vehicle is a lot more responsive and the wrench icon has not come back.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow happy I came across this, took a while to find, I have a 2015 with the 2.0 FWD and we just started to get the parking hill assist / traction fault lights/warnings/ Hill Climb assist and service advancetrac lights. lots of videos of other fixes online for other ford vehicles. 

I dont have any engine lights yet, and when I turn the vehicle off and on the lights go away, they have come on now 5-6 times based on what my wife has told me

the 2015 edge appears to use the TB15 throttle body from Rock auto. I hope to get a engine code to help troubleshoot, not a big fan of spending 300$ on a part and it does not solve the issue, but good info nonetheless

thanks