358,000 miles on original 3.5 duratec and 6F50 Transmission

macbwt

Yes we did replace the water pump at 330,000 miles.  Uses no oil and the 6F50 transmission fluid drains just about as red as when it went in every 30K miles.  The engine as with all my duratecs run 10W30 synthetic off the shelf oils (you choose the brand) Oh and the power steering is the original power steering system which also gets changed every 30K miles. Even the AC system is all original.  Plus it is the original brake booster.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Nice to hear that the water pump lasted. I have 164K miles on mine and it worries me. Ford wont just replace the pump, they say the timing chains and other associated components will be worn and need replaced as well. That jacks the costs up to $3400. Unsure what to do as all the shops just quote book time and pretty much parrot the same thing re the chain(s). 

I know on Hondas they recommend changing the water pump when you do the belt (100,000) but that's a belt, a lot cheaper than a chain system.

What to do, sigh. Where's a deer in the road when you need one?