Paddle Shifter add on

I have a 2022 Ford Edge SEL. My model didn't come with paddle shifters and I want to add them. I've done a couple of custom mods to it. I added an adapter to my recirculation valve, a cold air intake and some exhaust modifications. I'd love to have paddle shifters so I can take full advantage of my mods. I hooked my scan tool (Snap-On Solus Edge) to it and it shows the "select shift" inputs in the TCM. I can get a used wheel with the paddle shifters. Is there a consensus on if it would work? Or would there be some additional programming I'd need to have done to it?

• Like 1

It might be useful to see if Forscan shows a Select-Shift enable/disable function for your Edge, versus needing to manually program the PCM As-Built entries -- perhaps after comparing your non-Select-Shift Edge's PCM As-Built data to a comparably equipped Select-Shift Edge's PCM As-built data.

Wiring diagrams, connector details & locations, a few component removal and installation procedures for you to contemplate...

Document download links>

Clockspring - 8F35 Trans With Adaptive Steering - Connector C218E Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

Clockspring - 8F35 Trans Without Adaptive Steering - Connector C218A Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

Clockspring - 8F35 Trans Without Adaptive Steering - Connector C218A Location - 2022 Edge.pdf

Clockspring - 8F35 Trans Without Adaptive Steering - Connector C218B Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

Clockspring - 8F35 Trans Without Adaptive Steering - Connector C218G Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

Clockspring - Removal and Installation - 2022 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Clockspring + Other Steering Wheel Connectors Locations - 2022 Edge.pdf

Upshift Paddle Switch - Connector C2428 Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

Downshift Paddle Switch - Connector C2429 Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

Paddle Shift - With Adaptive Steering - Wiring Diagram - 2022 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Paddle Shift - Without Adaptive Steering - Wiring Diagram - 2022 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) - Connector 1381B Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) - Connector 1381B Location, Rear RH Side Engine Compartment - 2022 Edge.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) - Removal and Installation - 2022 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to Internal Transmission Controls - Wiring Diagram 1 - 2022 Edge.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to Internal Transmission Controls - Wiring Diagram 2 - 2022 Edge.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to Internal Transmission Controls - Wiring Diagram 3 - 2022 Edge.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to Steering Wheel Transmission Controls - Inline Connector C238 Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to Steering Wheel Transmission Controls - Inline Connector C238 Location - 2022 Edge.pdf

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to Steering Wheel Transmission Controls - Wiring Diagram - 2022 Edge.pdf

STEERING COLUMN CONTROL MODULE (SCCM) - 8F35 Trans Without Adaptive Steering - Connector C226 Details - 2022 Edge.pdf

STEERING COLUMN CONTROL MODULE (SCCM) - 8F35 Trans Without Adaptive Steering - Connector C226 Location - 2022 Edge.pdf

Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) - Removal and Installation - 2022 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It took me a while, but I finally added the paddle shifters. I bought a used wheel off ebay for $100 and made sure it had the shifters. Some of the buttons were different and the wheel itself wasn't the nicest. So, I decided to swap the components I needed to my factory wheel, the shifters, rear trim piece and the wiring harness. After getting everything swapped over and re-installed, I hoped for the best but expected the worst. (Warning lights, it not working, etc...) but everything works perfect!

A while back I checked the transmission parameters with a scanner and it said "select shift up input high" "select shift down input high" this had me hoping the ecu was able to see a manual shift command if I added the paddles.

I'm very happy it all works!

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, Blk22Edge said:

It took me a while, but I finally added the paddle shifters. I bought a used wheel off ebay for $100 and made sure it had the shifters. Some of the buttons were different and the wheel itself wasn't the nicest. So, I decided to swap the components I needed to my factory wheel, the shifters, rear trim piece and the wiring harness. After getting everything swapped over and re-installed, I hoped for the best but expected the worst. (Warning lights, it not working, etc...) but everything works perfect!

A while back I checked the transmission parameters with a scanner and it said "select shift up input high" "select shift down input high" this had me hoping the ecu was able to see a manual shift command if I added the paddles.

I'm very happy it all works!

So in looking for a steering wheel used, I can't find one that has adaptive cruise and paddle shifters. But it seems like I only need the rear trim piece, the electronic switches and harness. That all will bolt up to my existing 2019 wheel and the trim piece has the cut outs for them? The more I drive it in the mountains the more I miss manual shift ability. Did you take any pictures of the work you did? Did the wiring to the switches need to be inserted into a connector did the harness for them snap into an unused spot?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2013 ford edge sel that doesn't have paddle shifters and I want paddle shifters but I can't find any kits online, or find any info if it is possible so I was wondering if it is possible and if so where I can get the kit.

Edited by Brandon123
Add info

Which engine? The 3.5 has Select Shift on the shifter knob (the 2.0 has grade assist I think instead). I think it is harder to find since only the Sport got paddle shifters for that year/range (for the OP and mine AWD vehicles got it, 2015-2018 it was standard).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dabangsta said:

Which engine? The 3.5 has Select Shift on the shifter knob (the 2.0 has grade assist I think instead). I think it is harder to find since only the Sport got paddle shifters for that year/range (for the OP and mine AWD vehicles got it, 2015-2018 it was standard).

It is a 285.0-hp, 3.5-liter, V6 Cylinder Engine