USB played in a shuffle mode?

I was curious about trying to play a USB loaded with music using a “shuffle play” mode in my 2016 Ti. with the Sony 12 speaker system. I dug out the owner’s manual and while the instructions showed a different screen with hard buttons and said to hit the “media” button and go into the USB menu and select shuffle play I can’t find any such method available on my soft touch screen. I tried to use the verbal method and did get deeper into some different menu settings, none of them seem to respond to touching them. Can anyone here help and offer up a suggestion to use a shuffle mode playback?

Is the USB drive plugged in, and you can select it as a source (by name)? I had a backup USB drive with songs in folders by artist then album, and I am pretty sure I was able to get it to shuffle play (other option was Repeat, with 3 ways to repeat). This was a 2017 Escape with SYNC 3 3.0, I haven't tried in my 2019 Edge with SYNC 3 3.4 (different interface). I think it was a similar interface to when I would use apps like Pandora via bluetooth (but I almost always use Android Auto).