best d i 2.0 [2020] turbo motor syn oil

irvin

just trying to see what you use in these motors. ive been using valvoline advanced in my other stuff.

have a 16 F150 with a 5.0di motor too. nt trying to start an oil thread ,but had heard maybe pennz ulta

platinum 5-30 might be a good choice for intake valves. thanks for any help. damn ford for taking away the 3.5!!

Edited by irvin

While it sorta depends on the year, any SP API rated oil should be good. I personally go with Motorcraft Semi-Synthetic and do 6000-7500 change interval. I might go for a full synthetic and go the full IOLM around 10k. SP/GF-6A have newer attributes for turbos, which I think is harder on oil than DI. I have had no issues with consumption and peeking in the cam cover looks nice and light golden, closer to raw aluminum.

It took Ford a long time to update their sticker on the the bottles to show the oil was SP and not SN Plus. SP is for 2021 and newer vehicles, but basically supersedes SN.

2 hours ago, irvin said:

just trying to see what you use in these motors. ive been using valvoline advanced in my other stuff.

have a 16 F150 with a 5.0di motor too. nt trying to start an oil thread ,but had heard maybe pennz ulta

platinum 5-30 might be a good choice for intake valves. thanks for any help. damn ford for taking away the 3.5!!

PUP 5W-30 is a great choice for your motor. I've used it in the Nautilus starting with the first oil change. I use PP Euro 5W-40 in my 5.0 and will probably switch the Nautilus over to that when it comes off warranty.

• 5 months later...

I have over 160,000 miles on my 2013 2.0 and have only used Amsoil 10W-30 Signature Series oil. I change it every 10,000 miles. I also use the Amsoil oil filter and have done used oil analysis to confirm oil is good and nothing is wearing. So far I have had no oil related issues.