Hello, need some wheel help

Hello all,

I have moved to take care of a family member who has a 2013 Edge Ltd (bought new), and they have had 3 wheels replaced over the years (2016, 2018, 2019).  The wheels are the 20" clad version (wheel plus cover).  There are now 3 that are warping and cracking (the covers) and I am trying to figure out the best way to get them replaced without paying the $900 that the dealer wants for OEM.  There is no damage based on driving (there is cover cracking and damage caused from a car wash).  I have seen that this type of "clad" wheel design was liked and then disbanded by both Ford and GM based on these types of issues.  Has anyone had this issue, and how have you dealt with them?  Thanks in advance from the new guy.

Those things are terrible, and there really isn't a good solution. There are people that sell just the cladding/covers on eBay for a silly amount of money ($150-$250 each).

MACT has a couple of videos of the standard 18 inch clad wheels and removing the cladding, cleaning up the adhesive, and painting them black body color (could do sparkly silver wheel paint or black).

part 1:

part 2:

Edited by dabangsta