Vent Louvre Questions

barrydancer

Silly question, but for you '09 owners, are the dash vent lovres in your Edges horizontal or vertical? The ones in my '08 are horizontal, but I have a brochure for the '09 model and all the pictures show the vents with vertical louvres, which look like they'd do a better job of directing the air flow.

They did change them in 09. I haven't tried one out yet thought to see if they work better or not.

I have an '09 and yes the vents are vertical. They also move both horizontally and vertically so you can direct air an just about any direction. They don't really push out air at a high velocity but they work fine. We'll see when Summer comes, though, hehe.

i am disappointed with the air flow as well. just got out of an 06 explorer eddie and that had some decent windage, the air flow form the edge hvac system fan is like the breath of a newborn baby

I have an '09 and yes the vents are vertical. They also move both horizontally and vertically so you can direct air an just about any direction. They don't really push out air at a high velocity but they work fine. We'll see when Summer comes, though, hehe.

Would an '09 owner check if the '09 center vents shut-off all air flow. Mt wife's #1 complaint is that she can't stop air flow on her side only on our '08. Your help is appreciated

Shutting a vent in an '09 will kill the airflow out of that vent. It does indeed shut completely. B)

Thank you! I'm ordering the '09 vents and will report on cost and ease of installation. My dealer thought it was easy to do. edit Installed this weekend. Very easy. My wife loves the positive air flow shutoff. The '07 and '08's have no way to close the center vents. The vertical vents look better as well. Cost $40 each for the center vents. $27 and $30. for the outer vents. Ask for a discount!

Edited by PJFW8

• 10 months later...

Thank you! I'm ordering the '09 vents and will report on cost and ease of installation. My dealer thought it was easy to do. edit Installed this weekend. Very easy. My wife loves the positive air flow shutoff. The '07 and '08's have no way to close the center vents. The vertical vents look better as well. Cost $40 each for the center vents. $27 and $30. for the outer vents. Ask for a discount!

I just did as you did last year and bought the four 2009 air vents for my '07 Edge. I read your post that changing them was pretty easy. How did you go about doing that? Do you have to remove part of the dashboard? I'd appreciate any help.