engine won’t start - hydro locked

Uriah rios

So a little back history my 2013 ford edge had stoped running while I was driving completely locked up no power steering at all, I got it towed to shop and they said it was hydro locked and needed a completely new engine. The car has never been in any sorts of water.  I did just do an oil change on but only added what the specs on the engine says to add. Is there any way I could see for my self at home about it being hydro locked and if so is there any way to unlock the engine if there was indeed to much oil in the car ? 

Is the coolant tank empty? I don't think there is enough coolant to hydrolock it, or if the water pump went out it could fill the crankcase fast enough, but if the coolant did leak into the crank case, if not caught immediately, it will wipe out things like bearings, maybe failing in a way similar to a hydrolock. Usually that bends things rods and causes block issues, usually not enough left of functional stuff to make it fixable, a new/old engine is needed.

18 minutes ago, dabangsta said:

Is the coolant tank empty? I don't think there is enough coolant to hydrolock it, or if the water pump went out it could fill the crankcase fast enough, but if the coolant did leak into the crank case, if not caught immediately, it will wipe out things like bearings, maybe failing in a way similar to a hydrolock. Usually that bends things rods and causes block issues, usually not enough left of functional stuff to make it fixable, a new/old engine is needed.

I will have to look when I get home. But I been told to try and remove the spark plugs and drain the oil and then try and crank it by hand. 

Uriah rios  why wouldn't you trust the service shop that you took the vehicle to?

There's a multitude of potential causes of hydro Lock, fuel, oil or coolant - a blown head gasket would allow coolant to fill the cylinders ......... but there's insufficient information provided for anyone here to make an informed suggestion, however the service shop has the benefit of inspecting the vehicle.

• 1004ron changed the title to engine won’t start - hydro locked
9 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

Uriah rios  why wouldn't you trust the service shop that you took the vehicle to?

There's a multitude of potential causes of hydro Lock, fuel, oil or coolant - a blown head gasket would allow coolant to fill the cylinders ......... but there's insufficient information provided for anyone here to make an informed suggestion, however the service shop has the benefit of inspecting the vehicle.

Because the answer I got from the shop was “it seems like your car is hydro locked, it won’t even turn on. You have to tow it somewhere else because we don’t have the capacity or capability’s to look into any further “. 

Probably "Chocolate Milk-Shake Syndrome" like the "China Syndrome"  only,

it's the  engine melt down. It's probably the water pump. Pull the oil cap on

look for the signs.

Is the coolant level up? What is the oil level too? Do all of that before you do

anything. Be prepared for a divorce of either Edge or $$$$.