Has anyone installed adaptive cruise control (ACC) on 2019+ Edge?

I have a 2021 Edge with standard cruise control. Has anyone successfully got adaptive cruise control with stop and go and lane centering to work on a 2019+ edge? I have read other posts about regular ACC but I can't seem to find too much information on lane centering.

Edited by Wubster100

• 1004ron changed the title to Has anyone installed adaptive cruise control (ACC) on 2019+ Edge?
35 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

My 2017 Sport has ACC and Lane Centering, but the Lane Centering is not tied into or linked to the ACC.

That would be Lane Keeping. It can alert or aid with steering wheel vibrations or very minimal torque input to try to keep in the lane.

Lane Centering will actually provide enough torque to fully keep the vehicle centered (well, what it considers centered), they call it assist but it will decently follow curvy roads if the markings are detectable. I hate and enjoy it on my 2019. I don't like what it considers centered, and I like that it does help with fatigue on longer drivers (I frequently do 6-12 hour drives).

• Haha 1

Lane Centering, yea right except when there is a tar stripe down the road. I love fighting

the automatic slow down sometimes when changing lanes, at least I am a left foot braker.

(For some reason one can't heel and toe the way they have the pedals set)

Lane Centering costed us a lot in our 1st. week. The lane centering wobbled the wheel, the wife

jerked the car into the curb. No curb rash but, the rims were bent and we lost 2 new tires. $1K

lost in the 1st. week!

I want to add ACC to my wifes 2019 SEL.  The sales a*****e convinced us that the car came with ACC.  We did not figure it out until the next day and they would not do anything to help us.

There are long threads on the F150 forum about this.  I have looked into it and I am sure it is possible, but there is a risk that it will not work.  I cannot confirm the changes that would need to be made using Forscan for the Edge.  Probably the same as the F150, but who knows.  I do have a sheet that shows the difference in a 2019 Edge with and without ACC.

The cost would be between $500 and $1,000. 

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2019-adding-adaptive-cruise-454662/index8/

I read some posts and, I do not see why not. One thing I like sometimes,

is when I put it in "stupid mode". Set it at a little over legal limit set the distance

and then pull over in a slower lane. The car will automatically brake, but sometimes

for no reason at all. You then become the NASCAR "accordion starter" unless one

mashes the gas!

GL

5 hours ago, johnmarkp said:

I want to add ACC to my wifes 2019 SEL.  The sales a*****e convinced us that the car came with ACC.  We did not figure it out until the next day and they would not do anything to help us.

There are long threads on the F150 forum about this.  I have looked into it and I am sure it is possible, but there is a risk that it will not work.  I cannot confirm the changes that would need to be made using Forscan for the Edge.  Probably the same as the F150, but who knows.  I do have a sheet that shows the difference in a 2019 Edge with and without ACC.

The cost would be between $500 and $1,000. 

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2019-adding-adaptive-cruise-454662/index8/

Not that you have a time machine and can go back and make sure the vehicle has it when you bought it, but Co-Pilot Assist+ with ACC, evasive steering, and navigation was $795 on my 2019. It was cheaper than the convenience package with alarm, hands free lift gate, remote start, garage door opener, and wireless charging pad (which was $835)

But then there was an equipment group savings and a California package and wheel discount, -$1700 for a 201a ($2800), silly all weather floor mats ($125), Co-Pilot Assist ($795), Convenience Package ($835), pano roof ($1595) and machined dark pocket 18 inch wheels ($895) so not clear what was discounted.