Rear Bumper protector

Do you really beleive that this little bult/light that they place under the hook will really help you in the middle of the road in the dark??? Maybe get a 12V lamp with an extension from cigarrette lighter instead, if you are surrounded by other lights, maybe, but in that case you do not need the little light, I do not know, I have had cars all my life, and I have never foud useful that light on the hood in the cases I had it...belt breakage only happen if you do not check it regularly, and belts nowdays last a long time unless defective...

but you did not have LED lights in the day.. that can make all the difference in those.. I added LED lights on plunger pins in the glove box and center console, so just for grins, I might try adding one to the engine bay as it would be a piece of cake. could be another fun project

OK, folks - here's an update regarding the "bubbles" in my bumper cover. First, here are the pics:

IMG00138.jpg

IMG00140.jpg

I tried to work the bubbles out myself at no avail. Honestly, I wasn't too hip with cutting holes to relieve the air, so I contacted the eBay vendor (sportwing.com).

Here's my e-mail:

Good morning, Sam – here are the pictures you requested (not the best of cameras, but you can see the bubbles pretty well). Let me know what you think a viable fix would be…

--------

Wow, we've never seen this before...We will get you a replacement sent out ASAP. We want this one back so we can analyze it. We will include a UPS return label with the replacement parts. Just put the bad part in the box, attach the label, and send back with ups.

Regards,

Sportwing

800-899-1516

sam@sportwing.com

-------------------------------------

Sounds like it was just a manufacturing defect? Meh? I'll post up if the SECOND bumper cover has the same issue.

Here's the product info:

Manufacturer: Sportwing

Model #: BCM-52 (the website doesn't say anything about thickness; this model is 1/8" thick)

Link: Bumper Cover

Edited by Orion

Here's the product info:

Model #: BCM-52 (the website doesn't say anything about thickness; this model is 1/8" thick)

For what I can see the product in the link is not the same as on the website, this is the one with the horizontal stripes, unless they use in both cases thesame picture....

Note: I emailed them and it seems that was an error, they replaced the picture for the right one now...

Edited by Kanatronic

OK, folks - here's an update regarding the "bubbles" in my bumper cover. First, here are the pics:

IMG00138.jpg

IMG00140.jpg

I tried to work the bubbles out myself at no avail. Honestly, I wasn't too hip with cutting holes to relieve the air, so I contacted the eBay vendor (sportwing.com).

Here's my e-mail:

Good morning, Sam – here are the pictures you requested (not the best of cameras, but you can see the bubbles pretty well). Let me know what you think a viable fix would be…

--------

Wow, we've never seen this before...We will get you a replacement sent out ASAP. We want this one back so we can analyze it. We will include a UPS return label with the replacement parts. Just put the bad part in the box, attach the label, and send back with ups.

Regards,

Sportwing

800-899-1516

sam@sportwing.com

-------------------------------------

Sounds like it was just a manufacturing defect? Meh? I'll post up if the SECOND bumper cover has the same issue.

Here's the product info:

great Ebayer!