Installed Steeda CAI

I have to say after having installed the Steeda CAI (no tune) and the Gibson exhaust, I really not have seen any boost in HP. I have noticed that there is a lag around 1000-12000 RPM's. Almost done with a full tank of gas since the install and so far it appears that the MPG's are gonna be around 15.5. Mind you that this is all local driving, no highway.

Someone just needs to make a turbo kit for our Edge's. Oh and slotted rotors! :)

-Cannon

P.s. Sorry about the pics,.. she was dirty :(

Hey Cannon,

What type of rims you got? They look awesome. I am looking to put new rims on my black Edge and want to get rid of the chrome. Have not found a set of black rims that don't have some type of chrome accent on them. They look like Konig's.

I heard EBC is making a slotted rotor. I don't want to buy some off brand rotor, just to say i have slotted rotors. As for my wheels they are Giovanna's 22". Lowered on H&R's, no rubbing issues what so ever. You can get them with a chrome over lay on the larger spokes, but i wanted the all murdered out look. AS for tinting my front windows,.. it's on my list of shit to do. G2 paint,.. already got it (in black), but now i'm thinking i'd rather have the calipers red...??? And lastly, i have no desire to replace a 3 inch antenna wit a 2 inch one.

-Cannon

Hey thanks for the effort and response Larry.

My big concern, I think similar to BlazedUp, is relative to point #4 above... which, from what I can tell, is NOT for this kit as this kit is the one with no tune & uses the insert while your provided chart is for the kit with a tune and no insert. Can you address that or provide data or a chart for what you have for this kit as I really think, giving finances, if more of us could find data on the sans tuner needed kit, we might go for it.

Last, many of your points makes sense... but I admit, I still would expect more than plain jane hose clamps seen in the photos here. Which then begs the question, relative to #6, what then is that 1/2 beer can sized blue hose clamp 'thing' if it is not a resonator?

I agree. We need both sets of numbers, with and without tune, to help judge the effectiveness of the product.

Perhaps they've been reluctant to supply the numbers for the CAI only, as all the gains are really coming from the tune and they're just trying to get a a couple hundred more bucks out of us. :finger:

I agree. We need both sets of numbers, with and without tune, to help judge the effectiveness of the product.

Perhaps they've been reluctant to supply the numbers for the CAI only, as all the gains are really coming from the tune and they're just trying to get a a couple hundred more bucks out of us. :finger:

I have a K&N drop in filter in my CX-9. Granted it's not the edge, but it does have a 3.7 Duratec V-6. For $50, I am very happy with the results and low end grunt is definitely noticable. BTW, it's the same filter for the Edge as well.