Decisions!!!

csmith9208

I am having such a hard time deciding on colors for my New 09' Edge Limited. I know this is a silly question, and that it's "up to me". I don't know what color will be my best choice in the long run.

I really like:

The Redfire (although I'm not 100% sold on it on the Edge. I LOVE the actual color though!)

The Dark Ink Blue (just like black. It would show every dirt particle on it!)

The White Tri-Coat (love this! Just don't know if I want to pay $500 more for it!)

On the inside I am torn between:

Charcoal (but not if I get the blue)

Stone (like Charcoal better because if my kids spill something it's less likely to stain or be seen.)

I was told about the Simonize (spelling?), and that sounds like it's worth it for $399!

Any input would help me! I am so undecided! I like them all!

I am having such a hard time deciding on colors for my New 09' Edge Limited. I know this is a silly question, and that it's "up to me". I don't know what color will be my best choice in the long run.

I really like:

The Redfire (although I'm not 100% sold on it on the Edge. I LOVE the actual color though!)

The Dark Ink Blue (just like black. It would show every dirt particle on it!)

The White Tri-Coat (love this! Just don't know if I want to pay $500 more for it!)

On the inside I am torn between:

Charcoal (but not if I get the blue)

Stone (like Charcoal better because if my kids spill something it's less likely to stain or be seen.)

I was told about the Simonize (spelling?), and that sounds like it's worth it for $399!

Any input would help me! I am so undecided! I like them all!

Hi csmith. :D Color? Personal preference.

However, concerning the "Simoniz" treatemnt: No, no, no! A big waste of money (and yes, that includes the so called "Paint Finish Guarantee" that usually comes with it). You will be paying $399 for a basic polymer wax job. Something you could purchase for $15-$20 and do yourself. So unless you are the type who will never wax your Edge yourself, save your money.

Paint Protectants, Undercoating, Interior Stain Treatments, etc etc. They are nothing but pure profit for the Dealer, and can be done easily, on your own, for a fraction of the cost a Dealer charges.

Good luck. :beerchug:

We've got the white tri coat and we really like it. It looks good when it's dirty, and looks great when it's clean and the sun is shining on it. I agree with your assesment of the other colors. The red is good looking, but I think it looked odd on a vehicle this large. The blue was sharp, but if you're going that route, you might as well get black.

One nice thing that I noticed about the white is that it shows the body lines a little more than the dark colors do, and prevents the Edge from looking like a huge block of a vehicle. You can see the shoulder line above the rear wheels, and the lines in the hood better on the light vehicle. Also, like Tom said, the difference is $500 and you really like it. In the grand scheme of things, is it that much of a big deal if you really like that color?

We've got the charcoal intierior and we're happy with it as well. It's got the contrasting light stiching around the egdes that sets it off a little. Is Stone the tan interior? I would personally steer awat from it if it is tan, or even a light color. I like the lighter interior in that it makes the car feel bigger inside and slightly more luxurious (and hides dust better), but it does show stains over time. Not so much stains from spilling, but the dye from your jeans and you belt rubbing against it.

Good luck.

I agree with your color assessment except fo the white, albeit a nice color, I'm not a huge fan.

I own a 2005 Mustang GT convertible in the Redfire. Looks great on the car but I don't think it fits the Edge.

In the end I went with the Dark Ink Blue with Charcoal Leather. I wish it was a little lighter but I love the color nonetheless.

As far as the dealer applied paint, interior, rust protection, I know you can get it done elswhere cheaper but honestly, there is something to be said for just picking the vehicle up and it's all ready to go. No running around for anything else. The lifetime warranty is a great seller as well. :shades:

How about this idea, csmith: Skip the $399 "Simoniz Paint Treatment" (aka a $399 wax job). Put the $399 towards the $500 White Tri-Coat that you really want, and then it is only costing you $101.

Okay, problem solved. :shades: Go get your new Edge!

Just kidding. :hysterical:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

How about this idea, csmith: Skip the $399 "Simoniz Paint Treatment" (aka a $399 wax job). Put the $399 towards the $500 White Tri-Coat that you really want, and then it is only costing you $101.

Okay, problem solved. :shades: Go get your new Edge!

Just kidding. :hysterical:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Point well taken bbf. you would have had me sold :hyper:

We got the red and it looks great when clean. When it gets a little dirty/dusty it looks very flat (no pop to it). The upside is when I wash it I get a new car "wow" feeling since the paint comes back to life.

The interior is Charcoal and I got it specifically because of the staining issues with lighter colours. The combination looks great and I bet you can find one on the dealer lot in the combinations you are considering so that you can make an educated choice.

A co-worker got the blazing copper and it looks great (again, when its clean). I thought the copper would look dated after a year or so but he is happy with it.

As others have said, take a pass on waxes, undercoats (especially if you plan on changing vehicles in 1-5 years) glass etching etc... Don't let them tell you "its required" or "part of the package you need to order". Thats total BS. If they try it say no thanks or I walk out and find a dealer that will sell me what I want without the extra's. In a lot of cases they will throw them in no charge if the vehicle is already on the lot rather than watch a sure sale walk out the door.

Enjoy what every color you get.

There was a bunch of the available colors that I liked. So I gave my salesman a few to check on and he found a dark Grey Limited, Black interior and 20 inch chrome wheels. Dark grey doesn't sound to good, but wait till you see it in the sun, man it pops with those metal flakes. It also may be a little easier to take care of than black. As nice is black is, I just couldn't keep it nice. Good luck on whatever you choose and stay away from any extras that the stealership tries to sell you. I put a coat of Rejex on mine right after I got it and it looks terrific(except for the pollen now) :wacko: eddie

got black and it looks awesome, for about a day, then dirty. (we live on a dirt road, what was i thinking!) also got the camel? color interior and LOVE IT. got 3 kids, and it's clean as day one inside. not sure how 5+ yrs will look, but for now it's good.

only color i'm not crazy about is that light blue they have/had. until i see one driving down the road and WOW it does look good. (it would match my commuter car--hyundai accent hatchback in ice blue.

That's just wrong, your name is Bulldog you have a skull for your avitar and you drive a Hyundai????? WTF????????

J/K, poking a little fun at you.

"(we live on a dirt road, what was i thinking!) "........ The "Car Duster" is your best friend. I work at a refinery and I religiously use the car duster when I show up for work and when I leave. The CUV stays pretty clean that way. It's the dewy mornings that kill the clean Edge.

Edited by hydro

Hello,

We have the White Tri Coat and love it. It looks great clean or dirty!! Its by far one of the most beautiful colors for an edge and it really grabs attention wherever you drive. One other thing about is it that you will pay more for the color but when trade off time comes you will recoup some of it back by the color you have chosen. I know for a fact that other colors will actually put you in the negative when you trade (black,reds,etc.) but this White Tri Coat will stay on the plus side!!! Its a very desirable color and you cant go wrong with it.

That's just wrong, your name is Bulldog you have a skull for your avitar and you drive a Hyundai????? WTF????????

hahaha!!!! never thought about that, doesn't sound all that tough now. also ride sport bikes :)

post-3172-1241226454_thumb.jpg

Edited by bulldog