Ford Employee Pricing

I was looking at a pre-owned 2008 Edge Limited.

But today Ford has announced "Employee Pricing" again, so now I am considering an /09 or /10 model.

My question is this, Is the "Employee pricing " really what the employee pay or is it an exaggerated marketing scheme.

Also is 0% financing available with "Employee Pricing"

Thanks and I think the Edge is a great vehicle and the only one I'm considering.

And that 's from a lifetime GM Guy

Edited by Centerliner

I was looking at a pre-owned 2008 Edge Limited.

But today Ford has announced "Employee Pricing" again, so now I am considering an /09 or /10 model.

My question is this, Is the "Employee pricing " really what the employee pay or is it an exaggerated marketing scheme.

Also is 0% financing available with "Employee Pricing"

Thanks and I think the Edge is a great vehicle and the only one I'm considering.

And that 's from a lifetime GM Guy

Hi Centerliner. :D As 07CRUSH recommended, have the Dealer show you the "original copy" of the Factory Invoice. On that Factory Invoice is a box labeled "A-Plan". The price in that box is the "Employee Price".

I have not yet read the specifics of the "Employee Pricing Incentive" so do not know it has the same limitations as when an actual Employee purchases vehicle (i.e. no Dealer added Fees or Charges allowed other than a $75 maximum Documentation Fee").

Nevertheless, keep in mind that the A-Plan (Employee) Price already includes "Destination", "Delivery" and any other Ford Motor Company related fees and charges.

My advice is the same as 07's concerning a Dealer who will not show you the Factory Invoice with the A-Plan Price clearly shown (no altered or handwritten figures): If they will not show it to you , then they plan on ripping you off. So walk away.

Good luck. :beerchug:

As has been said not sure if you get the extra perks attached to the employee pricing like no dealer fees (except aforementioned $75) but what you DO get is all the incentives and rebates that go with a normal purchase. So don't let them try and tell you that you don't get the rebates because (if there are any and I believe there are) because your getting employee pricing, you get it all and if you finance with Ford sometimes there is an extra $500-$1000 on top of the factory rebate (sometimes).

The only catch is if they also offer special financing like 0% or 1% or something like that then you DO NOT get the rebates, it's one or the other, rebate or special financing not both. Many times though if you have good credit you can get a good interest rate anyway and get the rebates. Just do some calculations first before you go so you know what the best way to go is, i.e. if the Rebate is only $1k for example then you may save a ton more money by going 0% interest and giving up the rebate, or if the rebate (like mine) was $5000 then it's better to take the rebate and not low interest. It's numbers game...

There's lots of factors to consider when buying, how long will you keep it, payment and term, interest, etc etc. A lot of times what I'll do is get A Plan (my Grandfather is retired Ford) and the rebates and then if Ford Credit is offering it's special (usually $500-$1000) I'll finance with them for like 3 months at whatever there rate is and then I'll go to my credit union and refi with them at a lower rate, that way you get the rate and all the possible rebates you can. Since cars depreciate so much get all you can upfront!

Edited by PhantomX

I should have mentioned that this is a Canadian offer. That's OK since I'm in Canada.

Below is the "fine print" from the Ford of Canada Website.

◊ Ford Employee Pricing is only in effect from July 1st to August 31st, 2009 at participating Ford of Canada Dealerships. Ford Employee Pricing is available on most new 2009 and 2010 Ford vehicles (excluding 2009 Shelby KR, 2010 Mustang Shelby GT 500 and F-150 Raptor and 2009 and 2010 F-Series Chassis Cabs, E-Series Cutaways and Stripped Chassis, LCF, and Medium Truck). The new vehicle must be delivered or factory ordered from your Ford Dealer between July 1st and August 31st, 2009. Ford Employee Pricing refers to A-Plan pricing ordinarily available to Ford employees and excludes any CAW negotiated bonuses or other special incentives that employees may receive from time to time. Ford Employee Pricing does not include freight, fuel fill charge, license, insurance, registration, PPSA, dealer administration, and all applicable taxes. This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford of Canada at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both. Ford Employee Pricing is raincheckable. Ford Employee Pricing is not available on any vehicle receiving Competitive Price Allowance or Government Price Concession, SBIP, CFIP, Fleet Delivery Allowance, or Daily Rental Incentives. Dealer may sell or lease for less. Limited time offers. Offers may be cancelled at any time without notice. See your Ford Dealer for complete details or call the Ford Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673.

† Not including available options, accessories, destination and delivery charges, applicable taxes (including air tax & Green Levy Tax), registration or license fees, pre-delivery and administrative charges.

* Dealers may sell or lease for less. Accessory price excludes dealer installation. Not including applicable taxes, registration or license fees, pre-delivery and administrative charges. See your local dealer for details.

** Must finance through Ford Credit Canada Limited. Subject to Ford Credit Canada Limited lending criteria. Not all buyers will qualify for the lowest APR payment.

Edited by Centerliner

So it's A plan but the dealer still charges their normal admin fee (doc fee). When Ford does this they usually lower the incentives so the end result is the same price out the door as before but they can advertise "employee pricing" so it sounds a lot better. In some cases the OTD price does drop some but again this is simply in lieu of bigger rebates.

I did a "Build and Price" on Ford.ca and it came up with,

for a 2009 Limited with Pan. Roof and Cargo Kit for a total of $34764 Can.$

+$1350 destination fee

- $3485 "Employee pricing discount"

- $5000 "Delivery allowance"

For a 2010 you get;

+$1400 destination fee

- $3530 'Employee pricing discount'

- $2500" Delivery allowance" Total $37269 Can. $

Does the employee pricing still apply to added optional equipment?

I had been using the Ford.ca website to build and price a vehicle and it would show employee pricing for optional equipment but now it doesn't.

any ideas? :)

Hi walks. :D Short answer: Yes, the "Employee Price" includes all Factory installed optional equipment (but not Dealer added optional equipment).

Longer answer: The "Ford Employee Price" is a final bottom line price that includes all factory equipment on a vehicle, standard and optional. It is calculated using a formula based off of the total Factory Invoice Price of a vehicle.

It does not include Tax, Title, Registration, any mandatory Fees or Dealer added equipment/Extended Service Plan. See the fine print of the Incentive offer for any other exclusions.

I can not help you concerning your Ford.ca website question.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

The only advantage of building and pricing a 2009 is for info purposes only, as Oakville assembly is producing 2010's now.

If you want a 2009, you'll have to rely on dealer stock.

The 2009's come with an additional $5000 "Delivery allowance". 2010' is only $2500

I feel Employee pricing is a great deal and in my area of Southern Ontario there are only a few 2009's remaining.

My dealer had to arrange a dealer trade for my Edge.

Edited by Centerliner

• 1 month later...

as a former GM employee (retired) we get only 8% off the car. a while back it was up to 18%.

but, we opted for a Ford Edge because none of the GM SUV's looked as nice and drove as nice as the Edge did. my wife loves that Edge, even tho i tried my best to talk her into a Fusion. i have to agree with her...it's a fantastic ride.