it or not....

What I can say is, I like it on the smaller MK? but not on the larger

MK?

I'd prefer hearing that all the reviews and experts are saying that

the MKX brakes on the new MKX are on a par with all of the other

comparable CUVs (Lexus, Cadillac, Acura).... The reviews on the

2007/2008 brakes were terrible.......... I will say I have not had

any problems .....

I actually like the new look. The corporate grille fits well with these body lines, not so much on the MKZ. The interior is supposed to be Top-notch. Leather wrapped dash, superior electronics, etc.. :happy feet: I think they really stepped up their game to compete with the other Luxery brands. The $7,000+ price tag over the Edge may now actually be worth it.

I was Lincoln shopping originally, but could not justify the huge price difference for some dash treatments, leather/ wood grain steering wheel, & different grille. The Limited has the same trans tuning as the MKX, same wheels, etc. Hell, my Edge is more loaded than the Lincoln I was eyeballing and still $5000 cheaper. So hopefully the 2011 playing field is FAR apart.

Well, I kind liked the older grill better. The new grill seems a bit too tall and "heavy" for lack of a better word. All they needed to do with the old grill was get rid of the small square (french fry maker) grating and replace it with a thick (diagonal) wire mesh similar to this sketch. The interior dashboard and instrument panel needs updating with more digital flash/splash. Maybe changing the color of the upper dash or the material would lessen the reflection glare in the windshield too.

post-6927-1247365212_thumb.jpg

Edited by mk23666

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the bustle found on the MKT will be on the MKX as well. I don't know if that's a good design or not. I hear it looks better in person than in pictures. Also as others have noted the same split grill (smiling skull) will be on the MKX as well ... just somewhat smaller, more MKZ or MKS like. (better balanced out)

*** The bustle of the MKT isn't going to be on the new MKX. ***

Edited by mk23666