Front License Plate Bracket

grglandr

I purchased my Edge in OH ( a one-plate state) so it did not come with a front license plate mount. I now live in IL, which is a two-plate state, and need to mount my front plate. All of the universal mounts that I can find I do not like.

Does anyone know of any online retailer that will sell a stock edge license plate mount or something comparable?

NOTE: Obviously I can get one from a dealer, but I am sure it would be overpriced.

Edited by grglandr

I purchased my Edge in OH ( a one-plate state) so it did not come with a front license plate mount. I now live in IL, which is a two-plate state, and need to mount my front plate. All of the universal mounts that I can find I do not like.

Does anyone know of any online retailer that will sell a stock edge license plate mount or something comparable?

NOTE: Obviously I can get one from a dealer, but I am sure it would be overpriced.

Hi grglandr. :D Here are two online Ford Parts Retailers:

LINK: Team Ford Parts Online

LINK: Direct Ford Parts

Good luck. :beerchug:

I have Illinois plates and never put the front ones on for the past two autos I have owned.

I put the extra plate under the rear carpet if I get stopped. I was NEVER stopped for the plate on my cars.

I had a 1998 Aurora with that nice shovel nose front end and a plate would ruin the look. My Riviera has a built in notch for the front one, so a plate goes there.

My wife was stopped at a seat belt inspection location and was asked about the plate. She said the dealer never installed the bracket and the plate was in the trunk. The officer nodded and said okay. (!!)

• 2 months later...

Find a "Friendly" Body Shop guy and have him order one from Ford. I goy mine for $20. :hyper:

Ohio is definately not a one plate state. Lived here all my life and have always had front and rear plates.

Wait until a cop says you have to have one. Most folks here in IL that did not put one on have never regretted it. I plan on going without in my next ride as well. It's time we stop that foolish "rule/law".

not that it matters as it seems you want to put one on, but I also never put mine on and I am in a 2 plate state as well. I really started to look around at the time I bought my car and saw about 50% of the cars on the road do not have a front plate, so I said :censored: it - I even told the dealer NOT to mount it or they would have to put on a new front bumper :)

Lex, you are in CA right? I thought they only required the back plate. Is that new?

IL is very strict, but I think for most it depends on the city, the cop, the day, the weather, the position of the moon and how thick the ozone is for what happens if you are caught without one. Same with window tint. IL allows none.

Lex, you are in CA right? I thought they only required the back plate. Is that new?

IL is very strict, but I think for most it depends on the city, the cop, the day, the weather, the position of the moon and how thick the ozone is for what happens if you are caught without one. Same with window tint. IL allows none.

CA - San Diego, 2 plate for sure.

oh yeah... if you think about it, I break about 3 laws with this Edge :doh: no doubt, in time, I will get busted for 1 of them.