'09 Mirrors on an '08

I am interested in putting the '09 mirrors with the blind spot mirror on my wife's '08. Would I have to replace the whole unit or just the glass?

Replace only the mirror glass. I changed mine on an '07. Just make sure you get the correct type. (heated, non heated) I believe the heated mirror will also have the puddle lamps under the mirror housing. It cost me about 50.00 per mirror and is fairly easy to do ONCE you know how. There is a detailed post on this already.

Just a small to medium size flathead screwdriver will be put behind the glass between the indents and then just rotate or twist the screwdriver and you will see the glass start to pop out. May have to do it in 2 spots

Good luck (if you need pictures let me know)

Ps. can get the glass from ford or a body shop. Find an '09 or 2010 with your type of mirror (heated or non) and copy the vin number to order the parts

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the picture of the blindspot mirror-awsome!!! I definitely need those.

Would I be able to put these on? My mirrors have power to move just the glass and no heat, etc. Is it just the glass that gets changed? I checked out the link that Lex posted but the link in the post for parts info is no good anymore.

Saw the picture of the blindspot mirror-awsome!!! I definitely need those.

Would I be able to put these on? My mirrors have power to move just the glass and no heat, etc. Is it just the glass that gets changed? I checked out the link that Lex posted but the link in the post for parts info is no good anymore.

Many of us have done it. It is easy, but be sure to study the posts. Removal must be done following a specific method. Installation requires cafefull and firm seating of the mirror. The pictures and descriptions will become obvious when you examine the new mirror prior to installation. You can do it! 10 minutes tops!

The worst that could happen is that you break the mirror motor. That happened to me as my brother pulled on the mirror, not knowing how it came off. The motor was super easy to replace and cost was about 28.00 if I remember. Seeing as you have the info needed to remove and install them I don't believe you should have any trouble.

I tried a bunch of the links for parts and places to get them on that old thread and they are all bad links now. If anyone has new info that would be great.

This is a link to the mirror I put on our 08 MKX.

http://www.amazon.com/Ford-9T4Z-17K707-D-G...03&sr=1-252 $68.98 @ Amazon + shipping = $80.98 to my zip, I paid $74.98 + tax = $81.17 at my Ford dealer.

9T4Z-17K707-D-GLASS-ASY-REAR

The D is the important digit; it’s for a heated powered mirror.

I haven’t checked any 2010 MKX’s to see if they have the blind spot mirror.

From the original thread and mentioned above.

The easiest way to figure out which mirror you need is to visit your Ford dealer, get the vin from an Edge with the same mirror (except for the blind spot) you have, then take that vin to the parts dept and order a mirror for THAT Edge.

ab