Replacement sport pedals

Never a fan of the stock brake, gas pedals - or even the foot rest. I have seen some styles I like, like these, as they are legit aluminum with replaceable rubber knobs that stick through. Have not found them for the Edge yet as these seem to be car specific on this model - versus the more generic ones with the wrap around tabs.

post-2453-1251429232_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Those look pretty nice. I'd be curious if they fit.
Got nice pedals at www.ultimatepedals.com for my wifes Edge. Mazda pedals fit exactly, (no surprise there!) Sorry I can't get a picture but they are heavy guage and not "clip ons"! Part name: Mazda MZ6 Gas Pedal (595) and Mazda MZ6 Brake Pedal (592).

Got nice pedals at www.ultimatepedals.com for my wifes Edge. Mazda pedals fit exactly, (no surprise there!) Sorry I can't get a picture but they are heavy guage and not "clip ons"! Part name: Mazda MZ6 Gas Pedal (595) and Mazda MZ6 Brake Pedal (592).

hey thanks.. those match the ones I was looking at that - good to know about the MX6 fit. why did you not do the foot rest? does it not fit that you know of?

My wife did not want it! I am not sure that it fits, but an initial check looked good.

actually, I now see our foot rest is just a cheap piece of rubber attached to the carpet. not even tacked/screwed down. pretty cheap as it flops around if you try to kick it with your toe. I suppose you could bolt into whatever is backing under the carpet.

BTW, can you post a few photos of yours installed please?? at $150 bones, I gotta see them installed first :)

Edited by Lex Talionis

actually, I now see our foot rest is just a cheap piece of rubber attached to the carpet. not even tacked/screwed down. pretty cheap as it flops around if you try to kick it with your toe. I suppose you could bolt into whatever is backing under the carpet.

BTW, can you post a few photos of yours installed please?? at $150 bones, I gotta see them installed first :)

Sure! May take a few days. My wife's schedule is tough.

Can do! Saturday if not earlier. The pedals a very well made. I added about 7/8th" spacer for my wife. The quality of materials and the seller's advice were important. They were installed 18 months ago and are holding up very well.

Lex, Here are the photos. Any questions?

post-2410-1253473276_thumb.jpgpost-2410-1253473795_thumb.jpgpost-2410-1253473373_thumb.jpgpost-2410-1253473433_thumb.jpgpost-2410-1253473475_thumb.jpg[attachment

=1988:PICT0025.JPG]

post-2410-1253473522_thumb.jpg

What is the electrical connector above the brake pedal for? TIA Marty

Assummed it is an OBD 2 connector.

Actually, we're pretty sure it's a kill switch. Big discussion over in the Welcome Forum. See New guy in it for the knowledge-base.

Sorry Jeff, but the port in the picture is indeed the obd 2 connector. The kill switch in question is a second similar looking connector that is mounted to the left of the one pictured.

The VAG.Com cable to connect to the OBD port on my Touareg has 2 rows of 8 pins that would match that connector ,the plug on the Touareg is recessed,I will try to match tomorrow,Marty

go here for that discussion.. we are talking pedals here :shades:

Edited by Lex Talionis