Auto-Lock on 2010 Edge

Hi All

I see that the auto-locks lock the doors after the vehicle has hit the 12 mph range. Does anyone know of a way to make the doors lock automatically say when the vehicle is first started or even when the brake is depressed and the shifter moved into either reverse or drive?

My other vehicles are set this way (when the vehicle is started) and was wondering if it could be done to the Edge. I just like the feature that way.Any help is appreciated Thanks

Edited by Eddieandkat

Hi All

I see that the auto-locks lock the doors after the vehicle has hit the 12 mph range. Does anyone know of a way to make the doors lock automatically say when the vehicle is first started or even when the brake is depressed and the shifter moved into either reverse or drive?

My other vehicles are set this way (when the vehicle is started) and was wondering if it could be done to the Edge. I just like the feature that way.Any help is appreciated Thanks

No, you can't change it. It's done that way on purpose so the doors don't lock if you're just moving the car around the driveway or a parking lot.

• 4 weeks later...
So "I Don't Like It" equals "Big Pain In The Ass"? I think not.

Hey listen, To me its just a feature i can do with out , Like the wife says , she likes when the doors lock when the car is put in drive like "OTHERS" Sooooo on that note - If you have no positive contributions to the question i asked , Dont reply , AGAIN i dont like the 12 mph lock and if it can be changed i will change it.

Hi All

Hi Eddie. :D Currently, there are only two settings possible with the "AutoLock" feature: "On", which locks after two seconds at 12 mph, or "Off" which completely disables the feature. Obviously, if the "AutoLock" feature is turned off, you must manually press the lock buttons (power or regular buttons).

There is currently no third option, and no known "hack" to give a third option.

If you check your Owners Manual, you will find the instructions for disabling and enabling the feature. Look in the Index under "Locks", then "Autolock".

Sorry and good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Eddie. :D Currently, there are only two settings possible with the "AutoLock" feature: "On", which locks after two seconds at 12 mph, or "Off" which completely disables the feature. Obviously, if the "AutoLock" feature is turned off, you must manually press the lock buttons (power or regular buttons).

If you check your Owners Manual, you will find the instructions for disabling and enabling the feature. Look in the Index under "Locks", then "Autolock".

Thank you. Finally an answer , i appreciate it and thanks at least i have an option

Good thing you read the manual for us. :) I missed that part, good to know that is an option-thanks!

Excuse me???? What part of "No" in post #2 was not an answer?

Alrighty then

Hey dipshit , after reading post number 9 NUMBER NINE IF YOU CANT READ What i just wrote in the sentence before this one it clearly states that YES i have an option and that option is to shut it off if i want to, clearly your post in # 2 which i read you plainly state NO , well DIPSHIT theres my option.

Now im done with this situation, have my answer and im reminded not to take any advice from you in the future Your excused

Thank you poster #9 BBF2530 for info on the option

Hey Technyne it finally all worked out , Thank you for the help!!!

Hi All

Hi Eddie. :D First, you are welcome and glad I could help.

Second, I would ask you to take a deep breath at the moment. Everyone (akirby included) was trying to help answer your initial question (I quoted it above), which only asked if the system could be programmed to lock the doors on start-up, on pressing of the brake pedal, and/or the shifter being moved into "D", etc.. The answer to that question was simply "No".

If you look back, you never actually asked in any of your posts if the "AutoLock" function could be turned off.

The only reason I even mentioned that "AutoLock" could be disabled was more or less by accident, since I assumed you may already know that (since it is covered in the Owners Manual). He was only trying to help. Yes, his answer also expressed an opinion that you may not have wanted, but it did answer the initial question. And since it is the Internet, sometimes people do express an opinion with their answers. Generally, no big harm if it is done politely.

In the end, it was simply a misunderstanding that will go away if we don't get abusive. It happens to all of us sooner or later. :banghead:

Please understand, it is nobody's fault. It was just an Internet misunderstanding, so no sense any of us going too far with it.

Or as pxb006 so succinctly stated it, "Sheesh, can't we all just get along?" :grouphug:

Hope you understand the point I am trying to make.

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - Just to express my opinion: While I also think it would make sense to have the "AutoLock" function activate on shifting into "D", I myself would not disable it completely, since it is still better to have the doors lock at 12 mph than not at all. Eliminates having to remember to lock the doors manually every time we drive away. Again, just my opinion.

Edited by bbf2530

Now im done with this situation, have my answer and im reminded not to take any advice from you in the future Your excused

No need for name-calling. You asked a direct question and I gave you the correct answer. Nowhere did you ask if there was an option to turn it off (which is the opposite of what you were asking for in the first place). I didn't even say RTFM (even though I was thinking it) so I don't understand the hostility.

No, you can't change it. It's done that way on purpose so the doors don't lock if you're just moving the car around the driveway or a parking lot.
Edited by akirby

It is a safety feature ang. BTW, I too am confused on why you say that the autolock is a "BIG PAIN IN THE ASS" You don't have to do anything and the car locks itself. How is this any different if it locks when placed in drive. Bottom line, the doors lock themselves requiring no input from the driver. I too think Akirby is a "DIPSHIT", but he does have some valid information and helps people with issues when they arise.

Edited by BlazedUp

• 2 weeks later...

Just to offer an explanation of why someone might want the door to lock immediately, as opposed to 12mph:

It is not uncommon for a perp to get into a vehicle occupied by a lone woman, just as she is beginning to back out of aparking space at the mall. Yes, she could immediately hit the lock button, or, OTOH, the autolock system could do it for her. 12mph is just too late to be useful.

Just to offer an explanation of why someone might want the door to lock immediately, as opposed to 12mph:

It is not uncommon for a perp to get into a vehicle occupied by a lone woman, just as she is beginning to back out of aparking space at the mall. Yes, she could immediately hit the lock button, or, OTOH, the autolock system could do it for her. 12mph is just too late to be useful.

There are certainly times when some people would like them to lock immediately. But there are just as many times when people are driving slowly when they do not want them to lock immediately. Driving the car around a parking lot to pick someone up comes to mind.

The point is there is no "right" way to do it. Whatever you pick someone won't like it. The best compromise would be a setting that allowed them to lock immediately or at predefined speeds or not at all but that's not available.