Late 2007 / 2008 changes ?

DonnaB

Well it's appears from the Fleet website that they added Sync, a power liftgate, tire pressure monitor (which I assumed it already had) and a Limited model. Good news so far. No mention of cooled front seats which someone brought up earlier. Also, it's not clear on the website if the Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System is dual headrest or not but that's what I'm hoping for. It's also be nice if the RSS was hidden now like on the Expedition. Any idea on that one?

They dropped the Light Sage, Pewter, Carbon, and Dark Amethyst. Added the Light Ice Blue, Dark Ink Blue, White Sand Tri-Coat, and Vapor Silver. Wow that's the most change in paint colors I think I ever witnessed with Ford. I agree with the color changes. I won't miss any of the 4 that are going away although I'm not really sure how different the Vapor Silver would be from the Pewter. For me the chrome accents (especially the grill) just doesn't pop when you have a silver vehicle.

I'm already starting to imagine myself in a Dark Ink Blue Limited with Charcoal interior.

Edited by jamers1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am really happy with the white sand. I will definitly wait for the 2008 model year now that I know a white color will be available. The light Ice Blue is currently available on the 2008 escape hybrid which is already on dealer lots.

White Sand does sound nice. We haven't bought one yet, but my wife was a bit sad that there wasn't a white option for 2007. That will be our choice should we go with the 2008.

Hey Jamers1.....thanks for agreeing with me. Clearly we are on the same page about the brake issue.

I never saw the Motorweek specs. I said a 30' difference based on this review from Edmunds.....

"Pedal feel is progressive, but during instrumented testing conducted at our test track, a 2007 Ford Edge test vehicle needed 152 feet to stop from 60 mph. Its competitors stop in the 120s. "

So I would assume that Edmunds might have been stretching it a bit, huh?? I have heard rumor that they will disparage the American big three any chance they get.

BTW.....the Edge I rented for my drive to FL had "Hankook" (mispelled?) tires on it. Are those made by Continental?? Or is that another brand of tires on the Edge besides Continental??

Thanks gang !!!

Here is a link to a ford fleet web site. It is the first official information that I have seen concerning the 2008 egde. I hope that the order guide is posted soon.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/2008fle...m/2008-Edge.asp

Thanks for the site "dwg". But I have to ask a few questions.....

1) Still no mention of a rear cargo cover. I have said a few times on posts that in the "honest" state of NY, something to cover valuables in the rear cargo area is a MUST.

2) What's with the red leather inserts on the seats? Has that caught anyone else's attention? I would love to see a pic of that when someone can find one.

3) I have one child and on our trip to FL it was great to have three positions for the LATCH in the backseat so I can put my daughter in the middle (away from doors in case of side impact crashes). But now I see that this site says that LATCH is in the rear outboard seats. Does that mean they removed LATCH from the middle in the rear?? Bummer.

4) Any pics of the White Sand? Or is it on another Ford vehicle currently?

THANKS !!!!

Thanks for the site "dwg". But I have to ask a few questions.....

1) Still no mention of a rear cargo cover. I have said a few times on posts that in the "honest" state of NY, something to cover valuables in the rear cargo area is a MUST.

2) What's with the red leather inserts on the seats? Has that caught anyone else's attention? I would love to see a pic of that when someone can find one.

3) I have one child and on our trip to FL it was great to have three positions for the LATCH in the backseat so I can put my daughter in the middle (away from doors in case of side impact crashes). But now I see that this site says that LATCH is in the rear outboard seats. Does that mean they removed LATCH from the middle in the rear?? Bummer.

4) Any pics of the White Sand? Or is it on another Ford vehicle currently?

THANKS !!!!

1) No idea on that one.....I certainly haven't seen it.

2) The red inserts look quite nice (one of the protos we built had them) Basically the center section of the seat is red in color....similiar thinking to what the Shelby Mustang has:

07shelbyint.jpg

3) I highly doubt they dropped the LATCH system on the middle seats so I wouldn't worry.

4) No pics of the White Sand......we haven't built one yet in that color (at least on my shift anyway) I have a feeling it's the same or similiar to White Chocolate that's available on the MKX. The mandate sheet I read at work said White Chocolate would be shared between the Edge and MKX whereas it was exclusive to the MKX for 2007. It could simply be a name change in the public domain. For instance....Blazing Copper is not named that inside the plant on the teletypes.....it's listed as Orange Crush.

I'm interested in what someone mentioned earlier about the Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System being in the back of the headrest for 2008 rather than mounted in the center headliner. This makes perfect since so Ford can then make more money on options by selling customers both the Vista Roof and DVD System in the same vehicle. The only added cost would be the 2nd LCD screen.

Yesterday I received a large marketing mailer for the 2007 Edge complete with a photos of the Genuine Ford Dealer installed Headrest DVD Ent System. It's looked sweet. I will scan in the photo and post it. I'm curious if the new factory installed DVD Ent will be exactly the same? I'm still not clear on where the DVD's go in either?

Another observation is that the standard Edge headrest are more Portrait shaped while the headrest shown with the Dealer installed DVD LCD screens are more landscape shaped. When inspecting the Edge at the Dealer I inquired about the dealer installed DVD system but they couldn't really answer my questions since they hadn't sold one yet. I couldn't envision the LCD mounted in the existing Portrait shaped headrest because it just didn't look wide enough to fit. I don't like the tall look of the headrests anyway so that's another reason I'm hoping the factory installed DVD actually use the landscaped shaped headrests.

Also, when the wireless headsets aren't used where does the sound come from? The car speakers or small hidden speakers next tot he LCD screen?

Will blue instrument lighting be available on 2008 Edge models, and is the center stack being changed for sure?

Also, is there any export version of the Edge manufactured with amber rear turn signals, remote fuel doors, or repeater lamps?

Thanks!

I may be Crazy, but I think both of those blue colors stink.

The light one is too pale and just blah, and the dark one is just too darn dark.

When I think of a blue for the trendy, bold, in your face Edge, I am seeing something more like this.

Article_Image_home.jpg

And in case anyone is wondering, that is the 2008 Focus, so Ford does know how to make a good blue.

According to my dealer, the 2008 Edge order bank opens in early July and production begins in mid-September. Dealers should see order guides by the first week in July and vehicles in showrooms in October.

You will be able to order an '07 up 'till the first week in August.

I'm interested in what someone mentioned earlier about the Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System being in the back of the headrest for 2008 rather than mounted in the center headliner. This makes perfect since so Ford can then make more money on options by selling customers both the Vista Roof and DVD System in the same vehicle. The only added cost would be the 2nd LCD screen.

Yesterday I received a large marketing mailer for the 2007 Edge complete with a photos of the Genuine Ford Dealer installed Headrest DVD Ent System. It's looked sweet. I will scan in the photo and post it. I'm curious if the new factory installed DVD Ent will be exactly the same? I'm still not clear on where the DVD's go in either?

Another observation is that the standard Edge headrest are more Portrait shaped while the headrest shown with the Dealer installed DVD LCD screens are more landscape shaped. When inspecting the Edge at the Dealer I inquired about the dealer installed DVD system but they couldn't really answer my questions since they hadn't sold one yet. I couldn't envision the LCD mounted in the existing Portrait shaped headrest because it just didn't look wide enough to fit. I don't like the tall look of the headrests anyway so that's another reason I'm hoping the factory installed DVD actually use the landscaped shaped headrests.

Also, when the wireless headsets aren't used where does the sound come from? The car speakers or small hidden speakers next to the LCD screen?

Any comments on this?

Does anyone know if the 2008 Edge will have

* Blue instrument lighting

* A new center stack with the upper-level display (like the 2008 Escape)

* A rear-view camera

* A cargo area cover

* A redesigned liftgate (like the MKX)

?

Thanks for any info. I'll wait to order a 2008 if most of these changes are going to take place.

From what I read in another forum (and, as usual, it's only a rumor), the liftgate will have a recessed handle in place of the license plate, and the license plate will move to the bumper. I did hear about the power liftgate option.

I wish I could get an answer on the 2008 changes. The fleet site list isn't specific about any of the changes I mentioned.