Sorry To Burst The Bubble

Technical Service Bulletins

2007 EDGE

07-5-8

BATTERY SERVICE - OPERATION OF BATTERY EYE - CHARGING SERVICE TIPS

07-5-2

6F50 TRANSAXLE BUILT PRIOR TO 1/10/2007 - DTC P0771, P0774 AND/OR STARTS IN 4TH GEAR FROM A STOP, HARSH 4-1 DOWNSHIFT ON DRIVE AWAY AT 3 MPH (5 KM/H)

07-4-3

LEATHER-WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - LEATHER COMING LOOSE

07-3-11

6F50 TRANSAXLES BUILT PRIOR TO 1/1/2007 - DTC P0715, P0717, P0718, P0720, P0721, P0722 AND/OR HARSH ENGAGEMENT, NO UPSHIFT, FIFTH GEAR ONLY

07-3-2

PULL/DRIFT

07-1-7

MERCON® ATF REPLACED BY MERCON® V AS A SERVICE FLUID FOR SOME POWER STEERING SYSTEMS

06-25-3

PIONEER NAVIGATION RADIO - SEEK FUNCTION INOPERATIVE - SERVICE TIP

06-21-7

AUDIO / NAVIGATION SERVICE AND ORDERING PROCEDURES

06-18-15

IGNITION DIAGNOSTICS

Of course these are just service bulletins, such as TSB 07-1-7:

ACTION:

Beginning immediately all power steering applications requiring MERCON® can now be serviced using MERCON® V or MERCON® Automatic Transmission Fluid or dual usage fluids labeled MERCON® / MERCON® V. After July 1, 2007, MERCON® Automatic Transmission Fluid will no longer be manufactured, therefore, availability of this fluid will continue until remaining inventory has been depleted.

Just thought I'd clear up any concerns about all these TSB's, since the topic of this thread is asking for any TSB's or Recalls. :)

I looked on the NHTSA website and couldnt find any of these, do you have a link as to where you found them? I just wanted to get more info on some of them. Is there also a place where you can check the manufacture date based on VIN or something?

I looked on the NHTSA website and couldnt find any of these, do you have a link as to where you found them? I just wanted to get more info on some of them. Is there also a place where you can check the manufacture date based on VIN or something?

These are on Ford's dealer site and since they are NOT recalls, just Technical Service Bulletins, they will not be on the NHTSA site.

These are on Ford's dealer site and since they are NOT recalls, just Technical Service Bulletins, they will not be on the NHTSA site.

I find all kinds of TSB's for various vehicles in various places, i thought they were on the NHTSA. Is there a place where this info is made public aside from the dealers network?

The only thing i am wondering about is when my parts were made - is there a way of checking that? Also the ignition issue, the rest are unlikely to affect anything on my Edge, but i am sure others would like to know.

01-01-07

Purchasing an Edge after this date may cause feelings similar to being elated and that all other vehicles on the road are inferior. Studies show that this nirvana is directly related to your gluteus maximus being in contact with the seat of the afore-mentionted vehicle. Please use caution while operating as it has also been shown that other human senses may be affected from the whole driving experience.

• 2 weeks later...
01-01-07

Purchasing an Edge after this date may cause feelings similar to being elated and that all other vehicles on the road are inferior. Studies show that this nirvana is directly related to your gluteus maximus being in contact with the seat of the afore-mentionted vehicle. Please use caution while operating as it has also been shown that other human senses may be affected from the whole driving experience.

Ha,ha! Great one :hyper:

There is a difference between a FSA (Field Service Action) and a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin).

An FSA is a RECALL which usually is listed on the NHTSA site.

A TSB is an internal note in the dealer database that IF an issue is found or a customer issue arises, as to what procedure works best to resolve the issue.

A TSB can be anything from a diagnostic procedure for determining clutch wear to a change in lubricant. If a customer comes in not understanding how to use their Navigation system and the dealer sends it back thinking it's defective, only to find out that both dealer and customer can't read a manual, they'll issue a TSB to outline the proper procedure to test the Nav system BEFORE sending it back.

The point is, you shouldn't really be concerned with a TSB unless it is a problem that actually arises on your car.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for posting the TSB #'s as I did have the Pull/drift (07-3-2) issue with my Edge. Dealer stated the service guy put camber and alignment to within fatory specs per TSB.

I took mine back today for a 07-3-2 PULL/DRIFT. I had it there in January and they tried some things. However, told me that a TSB was coming for a good fix. I finally had time and was willing to give up my edge for the day. Let's hope it's fixed. :)

Bill

I took mine back today for a 07-3-2 PULL/DRIFT. I had it there in January and they tried some things. However, told me that a TSB was coming for a good fix. I finally had time and was willing to give up my edge for the day. Let's hope it's fixed. :)

Bill

My seems to be o.k. after the adjustment.... before I had to keep the steering wheel to the left and if I let go it headed straight for the shoulder. Now I can do the same thing with no noticeable drift unless of course there is a crown in the road..but on a flat surface she now tracks straight. :happy feet:

My seems to be o.k. after the adjustment.... before I had to keep the steering wheel to the left and if I let go it headed straight for the shoulder. Now I can do the same thing with no noticeable drift unless of course there is a crown in the road..but on a flat surface she now tracks straight. :happy feet:

It seems better but give me a few days. I mentioned that the transmission sometimes shifts all over the place. For example, I was getting on the freeway on Tuesday and stepped on it and it UP SHIFTED!!! So, I mentioned that... No problem found. NO PROBLEM FOUND... GETTING ON THE FREE WAY AT 35 MPH AND WANTING IT TO DOWN SHIFT AND IT UP SHIFTED IS A F-ING PROBLEM... It really doesn't happen all to often... I think what I was kind of pissed off about is that I was getting about 19.3 MPG this week and when I got it back it was at about 17 MPG so obviously whomever took it for a test drive drove the shit out of it. Obviously I'll have to take them out for a test drive next time.

Bill

It seems better but give me a few days. I mentioned that the transmission sometimes shifts all over the place. For example, I was getting on the freeway on Tuesday and stepped on it and it UP SHIFTED!!! So, I mentioned that... No problem found. NO PROBLEM FOUND... GETTING ON THE FREE WAY AT 35 MPH AND WANTING IT TO DOWN SHIFT AND IT UP SHIFTED IS A F-ING PROBLEM... It really doesn't happen all to often... I think what I was kind of pissed off about is that I was getting about 19.3 MPG this week and when I got it back it was at about 17 MPG so obviously whomever took it for a test drive drove the shit out of it. Obviously I'll have to take them out for a test drive next time.

Bill

That computer is a fickle thing, the mileage seems to be all over the place sometimes for no reason but is usually pretty close in the end, I have noticed significant fluctions when at idle for a while. As for the upshifting, the computer has a memory of your driving habits which will impact how the transmission shifts etc. I was also told by a service manager not to baby the vehicle during break in but drive as you usually would or it won't act accordingly when you do step on it. Maybe someone out there has a better grasp on how this works exactly and could give a more technical description?

Bill

That computer is a fickle thing, the mileage seems to be all over the place sometimes for no reason but is usually pretty close in the end, I have noticed significant fluctions when at idle for a while. As for the upshifting, the computer has a memory of your driving habits which will impact how the transmission shifts etc. I was also told by a service manager not to baby the vehicle during break in but drive as you usually would or it won't act accordingly when you do step on it. Maybe someone out there has a better grasp on how this works exactly and could give a more technical description?

This is a common misconception. The Ford trannies only learn shift pressures, not shift points. It compares the time it takes to complete a shift with the factory spec and adjusts the pressure accordingly. This accounts for manufacturing tolerances or differences and wear over time. It does not adjust to the driver, but driving normally will allow the shift pressures to be adjusted more quickly for the type of shifts you normally encounter.

There are vehicles that adjust the shift points but I've never heard of a Ford unit doing it (yet).

This is a common misconception. The Ford trannies only learn shift pressures, not shift points. It compares the time it takes to complete a shift with the factory spec and adjusts the pressure accordingly. This accounts for manufacturing tolerances or differences and wear over time. It does not adjust to the driver, but driving normally will allow the shift pressures to be adjusted more quickly for the type of shifts you normally encounter.

There are vehicles that adjust the shift points but I've never heard of a Ford unit doing it (yet).

Thanks,

I thought that the computer kept a "Memory" of throttle position and other similar information that would modify the shift points to a some degree. I guess they have good spin doctors in the marketing Dept?

Mine has the taking off in 4th gear problem. It did it the other day from a stop light, then it downshifted so hard we thought we had been rear ended. Took it to the shop this morning. I am kind of concerned, I told them to check it for a bulletin on the trans. because it had downshifted real hard in the past. They told me there were no bulletins on it. I then gave them the number above and they decided there WAS a bulletin and would check it out.

If I had to give them the numbers after they had supposedly looked I am not holding much stock in them fixing it.

Mine has the taking off in 4th gear problem. It did it the other day from a stop light, then it downshifted so hard we thought we had been rear ended. Took it to the shop this morning. I am kind of concerned, I told them to check it for a bulletin on the trans. because it had downshifted real hard in the past. They told me there were no bulletins on it. I then gave them the number above and they decided there WAS a bulletin and would check it out.

If I had to give them the numbers after they had supposedly looked I am not holding much stock in them fixing it.

:)... "NO PROBLEM FOUND" is my prediction.

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a stupid question. But I never heard of TSB's before. I also never really surfed forums on any of my other vehicles either?

Anyway, if I am experiencing one of these problems. I just call the dealer and mention the TSB# and schedule an apoointment and everything is covered under warranty correct?

Thanks.

If your vehicle is under warranty it should be covered. However all TSB's do not apply to all of the vehicles built, there are production dates etc to comply with. If your vehicle is out of warranty a TSB usually acknowledges a certain problem and describes a fix for it. Just because it is a TSB doesn't always mean it is covered. A "Recall" usually takes care of all the vehicles fitting the criteria.

• 3 months later...