SILVERSTAR HEADLIGHT BULBS

I ordered some high and low beam replacement for my 2009 Ford Edge Limited.

The Narva H9 bulb is supposed to replace the H11 OEM bulb, but the Narva has a top and bottom plastic tab between the metal prongs where the wiring harness connects, and the H11 that I pulled from my Edge does not. My wiring harness will not allow the Narva bulb to plug in. The extra tab on the Narva prevents connection.

Anyone else experience this? I've sent an email to candlepowerinc.com - awaiting a reply.

(Note: I'm not talking about the High beam bulb where you have to trim the tab on the bulb itself).

I've attached two images to show differences.

Sorry ... I have not been here for a while.

yes, trim the notch and it will fit.

I have been running both Narva H9 and HIR bulbs with no issues. They are both working strong and no issues with seeing down a dark roadway.

Another site to try to buy bulbs is www.powerbulbs.com. I did order a set for my 2002 Boxster S and the price cannot be beat. It was ordered on Jan 30th and received them in the mail from the UK on Feb 8th. Prices are a lot better than in the USA!!!!

I ordered some high and low beam replacement for my 2009 Ford Edge Limited.

The Narva H9 bulb is supposed to replace the H11 OEM bulb, but the Narva has a top and bottom plastic tab between the metal prongs where the wiring harness connects, and the H11 that I pulled from my Edge does not. My wiring harness will not allow the Narva bulb to plug in. The extra tab on the Narva prevents connection.

Anyone else experience this? I've sent an email to candlepowerinc.com - awaiting a reply.

(Note: I'm not talking about the High beam bulb where you have to trim the tab on the bulb itself).

I've attached two images to show differences.

I used a hacksaw blade and made a cut in the OEM plug to accomodate the H9 bulb. No worries....

• 2 weeks later...