Customer Satisfaction Program 09M04 ?

rich11grav

I own a 07 Edge and just recieved a letter from ford today stating that in some edges cooling system, corrosion may lead to contamination of the heater core and inaffective heating performance. Its not a total recall, but the letter states if you have heating problems then bring it in to service and they wil determine if you need a system flush or a core replacement. Has anyone else recieved this letter from Ford, I have no problems but wanted to see if others have had problems or recieved the letter like I have, thanks for any feedback. Rich

Just wanted to let you know that it looks like the "revised" coolant is really just the old green coolant that they stopped using in new cars in 2002-2003. The Edge and most new fords have a gold coolant in them. Also the flush is a long procedure, It will probably take 3-4 hours to do and completely flushes the cooling system. Its not a simple drain and fill or even just a simple flush.

Edited by druck52

has anybody felt any vibration from the gas pedal while driving? It feels as when I'm accelerating and hit about 40MPH, the gas pedal vibrates until it pushes past the 40MPH and then quiets down....has anyone experienced this? Not sure if it's an "Edge" thing....or that's the way the car feels while accelerating. Have appt to take in to svc dept to take a look.

has anybody felt any vibration from the gas pedal while driving? It feels as when I'm accelerating and hit about 40MPH, the gas pedal vibrates until it pushes past the 40MPH and then quiets down....has anyone experienced this? Not sure if it's an "Edge" thing....or that's the way the car feels while accelerating. Have appt to take in to svc dept to take a look.

Nope. But what does this have to do with heater cores??

• 3 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same problem, what did the dealer tell you?